Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garp

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2007

I received an email from Steve around the same time, compared the headers in mine to the headers quoted earlier and they are the same, so this IS a real email, or mine was equally fake, but they both came from within Apple

hackum

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2009
On the other hand, if they knew about this issue, why didn't they place the antenna gap on the bottom of the phone or somewhere where there is no contact with either hand or fingers?

tritonj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
for those who actually believe this is actually Jobs replying i've got a bridge with a truck full of iphone 4s to sell you

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
If this turns out to be true, that's it folks.

Prepare to deal with the issue or return the phone.

Should you have to 'correct' your behavior in order to use the phone, or should the phone work around you instead?

Should you have to buy an accessory in order for your $200 device to function properly?

1) The iPhone doesn't cost 200$. It's a 599/699$ piece of hardware, you just happen to buy it subsidised by AT&T. I will be buying the sim-free version at full price. For something work 700 bucks, Job's reply is far from acceptable.

2) Please someone tell Jobs that during his keynote he held the iphone exactly the way he's telling us not to hold it.

Breaking news: Mister Jobs holds his iphones the wrong way!!!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/112449/0/jobs1.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/112449/0/jobs2.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/112449/0/jobs3.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/112449/0/jobs4.png

acribb

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2007
I just checked my work email to see if I got a response after reading this thread.

Sure enough, there was a reply in my inbox from Mr. Steve Jobs-

word for word -

"All cell phones have sensitive areas. Just avoid holding it in that way."

Amazing......

People, we really are not making this up.

This is the word for word response I received back from sjobs@apple.com after I asked him about the cell phone issue and also said that I had to buy a bumper to lessen the problem (and also asked that I should be comped for the bumper).

I am just as surprised at the response as you all are.

slsl0

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Welcome to the next generation of iphone commercials

Attachments

• New commercials.jpg
    New commercials.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 395

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I've sent the images and emails to Arn - who will authenticate for the doubters

tritonj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
People, we really are not making this up.

This is the word for word response I received back from sjobs@apple.com after I asked him about the cell phone issue and also said that I had to buy a bumper to lessen the problem (and also asked that I should be comped for the bumper).

I am just as surprised at the response as you all are.

i'm sure you e-mailed that address and got a response, but i doubt Jobs was the one responding

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Highly doubt Steve Jobs is replying.

He is scheduled to meet with Dmitri Medvedev (of Russia). They're talking about things much larger than this issue.

TurboSC

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2007
California
I'm left-handed... why does Apple hate the lefties :(

Maybe Bill Gates is left handed, and this is some sick inside joke taken to the next level, courtesy of Jony Ive and El Jobso.

acribb

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2007
i'm sure you e-mailed that address and got a response, but i doubt Jobs was the one responding

Well, I think it's pretty safe to say that it was someone, be it a secretary or some other Apple employee, responding on Apple's and/or Steve Jobs behalf.

garp

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2007

It seems to be totally in his style. My email was about a cnaclled order and the replacement process. His reply:

Sorry. Too many customers wanted their phones on day one. The laws of physics prohibit this, so some will be upset.

Mike84

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010

Then if it is not Steve, then who is e-mailing in place of Steve Jobs and misrepresenting him? I doubt he'd let it happen.

This e-mail may be fake or it may not. Regardless, I would think that someone would reply for him. Unless of course, he authorized it.

tritonj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Well, I think it's pretty safe to say that it was someone, be it a secretary or some other Apple employee, responding on Apple's and/or Steve Jobs behalf.

and what exactly would that mean other than someone wrote you an e-mail it isn't an official statement, it isn't anything. it is an e-mail from an address that no one can verify is actually who he is claiming to be, so it is nothing

everyone just needs to calm down

jb007clone

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2006

I heard that sometimes his assistants will respond from that address, but this does really seem like a terse response Steve would give.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Aggie - sorry - YES.. I did get an iPhone 4 and yes - I have noticed (at least at my location) that I can reproduce the "issue" fairly often.

And believe me - I'm no troll. I thought the initial response was a joke (I'm in marketing and pr and can't believe that was the answer). I wrote back (you can see my reply) and didn't think he'd reply AGAIN. I'm glad he did to explain beyond "non issue."

Whether or not it's Jobs answering I really don't care. Whoever it is is the "official" word of Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.