Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RealSkyDiver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
and why can't I do this with iTunes??? Why is there even a sync option:confused:
I'm on Win7

RealSkyDiver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Read it but did not help since it doesn't show up as a device. How are you doing it??

MisterDisney

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
I actually connected my iPhone to my Windows machine for a completely backup of my photos before I upgraded. Not sure why it won't detect for you. For me, it always shows up like any other storage device with media on it. Just pulled everything off into a folder.

geowhizz

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2011
transfering pics from iphone4 to pc

if your iphone is password protected it won't be seen as a device on the pc. Solution: key in the password then connect to pc. device should register and photos appear. copy photos from iphone to pc.

that was my issue. i solved it today. yea!

bumzo1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2009
Dallas, TX
I have a Mac but I hate using iPhoto so I use the dropbox app to upload them and once uploaded go into a folder on my computer. Should work the same in windows.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
if your iphone is password protected it won't be seen as a device on the pc. Solution: key in the password then connect to pc. device should register and photos appear. copy photos from iphone to pc.

that was my issue. i solved it today. yea!

Interesting, I wonder if that was an intentional feature or a bug.

vwilson1188

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2011
email it

i think this is one of the easiest ways, if u have internet and an email address. while you're under albums on you're phone, click the album... then go to the half square with the curved arrow [top of screen], then hit share then email. then transfer it to you're computer and then to itunes. no long instructions. that simple.

aztooh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
i think this is one of the easiest ways, if u have internet and an email address. while you're under albums on you're phone, click the album... then go to the half square with the curved arrow [top of screen], then hit share then email. then transfer it to you're computer and then to itunes. no long instructions. that simple.

While that may be easy, it's not any easier than dragging/dropping to a new folder on the computer...annnd, if user has a lot of pictures, it's going to take many emails and be time consuming.

OP, if your computer isn't detecting your iPhone and popping up with "what do you want to do", try a different USB port. If that doesn't work, try a different cable.

VTECaddict

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2008
I have a Mac but I hate using iPhoto so I use the dropbox app to upload them and once uploaded go into a folder on my computer. Should work the same in windows.

You can use Image Capture (its an Apple app included in OS X) to pull pictures off the iPhone without iPhoto. You can also use it to import pictures from other cameras or memory cards.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
The entire phone is locked it's a security feature. Would you want just anyone to take your phone, plug it in and download your data? Not me.:D

Win 7 will see the images on the iPhone 4S even when it's locked. No problem. :cool:

BlackTofu

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2011
I am using Windows 7, I just need to install iTunes(for driver), and then connect my iPhone with computer, and there is a disk in "My computer", open it, and I can find my pictures which I shot, and then copy them out. That's all.

Nothingmore

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012
How to I transfer pictures from iPhone4 to PC

Connect your iPhone to Computer using data cable that comes with your iPhone.

When you connect your iPhone to computer.See the Portable Devices section, right click on your iPhone icon and click Import pictures and videos option

Enter tag name to tag these pictures (optional) and click Import button.

Finally you can see pictures are transferred to My Pictures folder.

mariosarry

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2013
Go with your attaching the cable from your iphone to your pc, and then install i-tunes into your system now no need this but for better feature approach..i mean if you have to do any thing with that...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.