Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henneth

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Hope someone can help me with this. I'm having a strange issue with my ipad and itunes, when I try to update an app I keep getting a "Cannot connect to itunes store" notice, but I have no problem downloading new apps or browsing the app store.

It's as if I'm being blocked from the update section of the itunes store. I have a wifi only ipad so I'm updating over my wifi network. The other thing is that my iphone can update apps with no issue over the wifi network, it's just the ipad that can't. Any ideas?

The problem seemed to come out of nowhere. Thanks for any help

shadowness

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
Try Deleting that particular app from your ipad and reinstall. probably a corrupt or incomplete update.

you can also try to sign out of itunes from the settings and then sign in back again!

and try restarting your ipad and then sync with itunes.

henneth

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Yeah I did delete and reinstall the app, although I dont want to have to do that every time there is an update!

Tried all the singing in and out stuff. I was just wondering if anyone here has had it happen the them, and how they sorted it.

j-a-c-k-b-98

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2010
I'm facing the same problem. just restoring my iphone and setting up as a new device... fingers crossed it will work.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.