Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
cCNm6LTH.jpg

A REVELLER at a fancy dress party in one of Dublin's best known gay bars attacked her ex-girlfriend in a row over a novelty wrestler's suit.

Sandra Talbot (32) assaulted her ex-partner with a bottle she had hidden under her costume in a fit of rage at the George pub, after more than a year of acrimony following their break-up.

A court heard she lashed out at victim Adrienne Martin in a row that started over a novelty sumo wrestler's suit that Talbot was wearing. The row developed as the victim tried to wave at a man dressed as a Snickers bar, the court heard.

Ms Martin told Dublin District Court how she was left with a large lump on her temple and still suffered from panic attacks because of the incident.
link

What is this world coming to? Can't a guy walk into a gay pub dressed as a snickers bar and not get assaulted?

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Not to make light of this serious situation..... ok, who am I kidding, I am making light.... but I don't get the "panic attack" claim by the victim.

I mean, I can see after getting brutally assaulted that one would reasonably have an irrational fear when confronted suddenly with a similar situation. But just how often do you come across Sumo wrestlers in Dublin pubs? I have to admit, I've never been to a Dublin pub - so perhaps it is actually a common thing?

Ok - that was bad of me. This is a serious situation that deserves to be taken seriously. Really. No tapioca pudding for me.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
What is this world coming to? Can't a guy walk into a gay pub dressed as a snickers bar and not get assaulted?
The thing is, you have to be really careful of folk dressed as sweets in pubs. To be fair, the Snickers are generally friendly enough but you really have to keep out of the way of the mints, after a few drinks some of those go absolutely menthol.

JNB

macrumors 604
The thing is, you have to be really careful of folk dressed as sweets in pubs. To be fair, the Snickers are generally friendly enough but you really have to keep out of the way of the mints, after a few drinks some of those go absolutely menthol.

+1. Some of them after getting tanked seem to think they're Mars, the god of war, and next thing you know there's a fight involving them and the Three Musketeers. The entire evening turns into a peanut cluster, you end up dropping your pint in the fracas (which means everyone thinks you're a clumsy Butterfingers), and you get caught in the Crunch. Worst part is, it always seems to happen on PayDay.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool

haha, that Snickers guy was probably just looking to SKOR. :)

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Our local lesbian hangout is called The Candy Bar.

Seems somehow appropriate to mention that :D

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
I love how they get so... CSI Dublin about the whole thing:

Talbot's barrister Diarmuid Collins argued that it would have been impossible for the bottle to have been in her costume and fallen out as described because the suit worked on an airtight seal.

I think it's the old hidden-weapon, sumo-disguise, mysterious-man-in-the- Snickers-outfit-with-the-pseudonym (a.k.a. "Marathon" man) trick! How did they think they could get away with that...

Truffy

macrumors 6502a
Can't a guy walk into a gay pub dressed as a snickers bar and not get assaulted?
It wasn't the guy dressed as a Snickers Bar that was assaulted, it was the woman waving to him. As far as I can see, there is no evidence presented that dressing as a Snickers Bar is detrimental to one's health. Career prospects, now that may be a different matter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.