Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alecmcmahon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Woodbridge, NJ
Well this morning my iphone 4 crapped out, it was in my pocket, never dropped or anything. I just happened to take it out and it wasnt on.

Tryed holding the power button, nothing, power button/home button combo. nothing.

no response.

Anybody else have this issue?

cloudberrybrew

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Atlanta
Well this morning my iphone 4 crapped out, it was in my pocket, never dropped or anything. I just happened to take it out and it wasnt on.

Tryed holding the power button, nothing, power button/home button combo. nothing.

no response.

Anybody else have this issue?

You never said if you tried reseting it or plugging it in to a computer or outlet, imo you're not doing something right.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
Did you hold the buttons for 10 seconds? This happened to me this morning. It just became unresponsive and I had to reset.

blkguyblkgt

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
My phone did the same thing after walking in to AT&T on Saturday and grabbing one. I took it to Apple, the same day. They said the phone had went into DFU mode. The guy there plugged it into the computer and booted up Itunes. He then proceeded to hold the home and power button for a bit and the phone came back on. I'm guessing your phone is having the same problem. I think having the phone plugged into iTunes as you are holding both buttons is important as well because they did it without being synced to itunes and it wouldnt boot up.

Ktheriotsmith

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Louisiana
I thought that's what was wrong with mine too, but get someone to call you...my phone was on, but the screen was black. Once the screen came back up a cowpoke of hours later, it started doing all kinds of crazy things. Genius bar appt. later today to see what's up.

alecmcmahon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Woodbridge, NJ
My phone did the same thing after walking in to AT&T on Saturday and grabbing one. I took it to Apple, the same day. They said the phone had went into DFU mode. The guy there plugged it into the computer and booted up Itunes. He then proceeded to hold the home and power button for a bit and the phone came back on. I'm guessing your phone is having the same problem. I think having the phone plugged into iTunes as you are holding both buttons is important as well because they did it without being synced to itunes and it wouldnt boot up.

This worked.

Plugged into itunes, and held the power and home button for a good 30 seconds and it restarted.

Any reason why this might of happened?

ohboimac

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
thnx

this helped, april2011, same thing happened to ifone4..just plain dead!! itunes+power+home solved it. it happened for the first time. is it a serious issue!?!
n joined this forum just to thank u guys! i thought will have to take it to store..but this did it...

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
this helped, april2011, same thing happened to ifone4..just plain dead!! itunes+power+home solved it. it happened for the first time. is it a serious issue!?!
n joined this forum just to thank u guys! i thought will have to take it to store..but this did it...

If it keeps happening, it can be serious.

proslugger99

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2011
Iphone Problem

Ok, so i take great care of my iphone 4. I recieved it as a present and swore to keep it in top condition and have scince may 1st my birthday. June 15th i was in the car and driving home when i reached to pick it up it was off and would not turn on. I got freaked out but kept it cool. went home plugged it in and nothing but i tried the 10 second home and lock button. Thankfully it turned back on and is ok. Any reason this happened? any solution or viable way to approach apple about this problem? this shouldnt happen like im no pain but come on iphones glitching?

Destiny83

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2012
If it keeps happening, it can be serious.

It happened Twice on my iPhone 4!
I'm now getting worried that next time it will go off and never turn on again????
First time It went off and stayed off for about 3 days without switching on or charging, this time it went off for 4 hours and it decided to come back to life!!!
I'm even thinking of returning it if possible!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.