Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

imetazoa

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
bfe
I put some music on my speakers on the iPhone 4 and I noticed that sound is only coming out of the Right one. My husband is experiencing the same thing on his phone. Specifically, if we play music on the speakers, and cover the Right speaker, you can't hear anything. If you cover the Left speaker, you hear fine.

Anyone else noticed this? Am I missing something?

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I put some music on my speakers on the iPhone 4 and I noticed that sound is only coming out of the Right one. My husband is experiencing the same thing on his phone. Specifically, if we play music on the speakers, and cover the Right speaker, you can't hear anything. If you cover the Left speaker, you hear fine.

HA HA HA ......yes you are missing something

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
Ill try to hold back snide comments.

Theres only one speaker.

But really, did you not search?

Mr Bigs

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
Bklyn N.Y

This must be your first iPhone ???? Their is only one speaker on the bottom of the phone,the other hole is the microphone.

spyda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Yeah they have had this same defect with iPhone's from previous years as well. Steve will never fix it I guess.

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
I almost asked the same question a long time ago, in the plain 3G days. I was lucky enough to have noticed the sticky.

But really, I'm sure many of us, who didn't read about it first, also thought that one speaker wasn't working.

OP, no problem. At least there's another thread now that will help the next guy who searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.