Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phrint

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Ohio
I ordered the Steinheil Crystal Filmset last week and it has been processing for five business days after a promise of one to two. I received a poorly constructed e-mail from the marketing manager explaining that they are re-designing the back film to support a cutout for the flash. He also showed everyone's e-mail address in the communication only to send another e-mail apologizing for revealing everyone's contact information.

Needless to say, this does not sound like a very professional company and I have canceled my order. I do not want a set that needs to be applied with liquid so I guess I will wait. Too bad Power Support is not going to release a full set for front and back.

pikkashoe

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
I too ordered from SGP store.
I also had a really hard time with their customer service dept. It would take an entire day for them to respond, and usually they wouldnt answer the question I had. I ordered the full kit (front and back) and then I got the same email about the defect. Then I tried to inquire to see if they just had the screen protector available (just front), and still am waiting to hear back from them. I ended up cancelling my order as well. This has been going back and forth for 6 days.

Very dissapointing customer service, and I really wanted to use them since their protectors had such high praise.

samven582

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2009
I'am using the SGP crystal screen protector and so far I like it :) so much better then wrapsol!

nin7474

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2009
powersupport but they are not shipping out until July 26 :confused:

I know. I can be EXTRA careful till then. I tried emailing Power Support but no answer on what the Crystal Set includes. 1 Front, 1 Back? 2 Fronts?:confused:
Does anyone know?

thetonyclifton

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2006
Belfast - UK
I bought a set of Griffen matte screen protectors at launch - I normally like the matte look but to be honest I didnt like these - I do like the feel and the fact that it reduced fingerprints but it did take the edge of the retina display and made it a little 'grainy'. I also didnt like that they had an arch cut out for the home button and not a hole - so it curves around the top of the home button and then goes straight down like an arch instead of going around the bottom of the home button.

I ordered a set of wrapsol ultras - but given that I wont be receiving them for a while and some complaints with the early batches - I picked up an Invisible shield from the local shop to try.

The IS - I actually like - yes there is some 'orange peel' when there is a reflection on the screen and it picks up fingerprints just like a naked screen but overall I really like it - feels grippy but not sticky enough too effect screen usage. It went on perfectly with the little bubbles I couldnt work out during installation disappearing very quickly as it dries (mine was wet install).

The IS takes nothing away from the retina display.

I like the IS/bumper combo and might stick with it.

nin7474

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2009
Just got a reply from Power Support. I'm happy cause I'm getting a Gelaskin for the back.

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The iPhone 4 films will include two front
skins. It is available for pre-order on our website and will ship on July
26th.

Terrance
Customer Service
Power Support USA
1430 Flower St.
Glendale, CA 91201"

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
I had an invisible shield, but when I put my iFrogz case on, it came up on the sides. :( Oh, well. I think I'll go naked for a while until the Power Support ones come out. Then, I'll decide. The screen is just so nice I am not sure I want to cover it up.

spyda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Just got a reply from Power Support. I'm happy cause I'm getting a Gelaskin for the back.

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The iPhone 4 films will include two front
skins. It is available for pre-order on our website and will ship on July
26th.

Terrance
Customer Service
Power Support USA
1430 Flower St.
Glendale, CA 91201"

Two fronts? I was hoping for a front and back.

VeNoMiZeD

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
San Francisco
I just found out that Power Support Crystal which hands down has the best front screen protector is doing the back for the IPhone 4 as well. You can't beat that!

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
Has anyone had any luck with any of the screen protectors sold on Amazon? I would really love to put something on my iphone until Power Support is available.

LittleRedBird

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
Two fronts? I was hoping for a front and back.

Yeah, I got an email response from the Terrance, too. Said that they will have a crystal set that protects both the front and back but the date is yet to be determined. Uggh!

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
I found my first scratch on my iPhone 4 today. I wish I had a screen protector :( .

tell me about it :/
found a cm scratch next to the front facing camera. this is the freaking third scratch i got, and i was babying the phone to the max. didn't even take it out the house till i got protection. im pissed.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
InvisibleShield front/back + Apple Bumper. My phone goes everywhere with me (hot air ballooning, hiking, etc) and Arizona is incredibly dusty, so I like to have the extra coverage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.