Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike84

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I know that I just saw that Hulu introduced an option to watch TV on the iphone with a new app.

However, I am curious to know if there is any way of streaming the World Cup today and for future games without paying.

Thank you so much in advance.

SarahSpades

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
Yes, through a SlingBox ($150 on sale at Amazon) and the SlingBox app ($29) you can watch TV that you would normally watch at home now on your iPhone either through wifi or 3G.

koilvr

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Knoxville, TN
ALso Hava, I personally have sling in my Sat box the Dish Vip922 and standalone HAVA HD and HaVa is better than sling. I love how it looks on my 3gs needs to be updated for ios4 and it would be perfect. Sling stutters alittle and the HAVA app is only $10

jsgreen

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
NH
The app MobiTV also offers the WC streamed (free app but decent content is via in-app purchase, $10 / month I think). I haven't used it much, except to try their free streams, quality was great via wifi on my iPhone 3G.

spookme

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2009
streaming TV

If your in the UK, you can use TVCatchup.com

You get most of the "freeview" channels, just set yourself an account up on your pc/mac, then just read the info and it gives you a different url to use for your iphone.

But again only works in the UK.

Hope that helps:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.