Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H.B.I.C

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I don't know if anyone here needs a Apple TV or not.

But the CowBoom daily deal is a 160GB Apple TV.
$119.99 + $5.00 Shipping

FYI: CowBoom is owned by Bestbuy. It's their outlet/auction store. I was one of the lucky ones to get a few $89 Compaq Minis a little over month ago.

Refurbushed:
Apple TV with 160GB Hard Drive - MB189LL/A

Mac + PC
802.11n Wi-Fi wireless
160GB hard drive for up to 200 hours of video

With Apple TV, you can rent and watch standard-definition movies with stereo sound or stunning high- definition movies with pristine Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. Without leaving your couch. Apple TV also lets you browse millions of podcastsincluding HD video podcastswatch YouTube videos, view your Flickr and .Mac Web Gallery photos, and buy music and TV showsall from your widescreen TV.

http://www.cowboom.com/deal-of-the-day.cfm

Bockit

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
Does anyone know if they ship internationally? I had a look around but couldn't find yay or nay

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
This is a really good deal, but I don't think I need another one (have 4 in the house already). I just want a NEW one:mad:

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
The price is even better than what I've seen on ebay in casual searching, so it was worth getting a spare for our second bedroom. Does anyone know if they would have Apple refurbished units (basically brand new looking with warranty) or outside refurbished? With their 30 day return policy I guess I can just return it if it looks like its been through WWIII, but I'm sort of hoping that since they are part of Best Buy they are considered an authorized retailer and have access to regular Apple refurbs. Nice find H.B.I.C!

I'll have to find my patchstick so I can get this one set up the same as my current one :D

H.B.I.C

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I've ordered tons of "refurbished" or like new stuff from CowBoom (bestbuy)

Every time I've ordered everything was fine. (looked new,smelt new)

One time I ordered a touchscreen Sony cybershot from their eBay auction (dealtree) and it was missing a charger.

The rep sat on the phone with me while we shopped eBay for a replacement charger (because I wanted to keep the Camera since it was such a good deal), and the rep refunded me the money through paypal to buy a replacement charger.

But you can always return it if you have any problems.

My best deal from Cow boom was the refurbished $89.99 Wii and the NEW $89.99 Compaq Mini 110 with 3G built in.

I did have it running OSX but decided since I own a MBP, I might as well keep it running Windows 7

H.B.I.C

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
The price is even better than what I've seen on ebay in casual searching, so it was worth getting a spare for our second bedroom. Does anyone know if they would have Apple refurbished units (basically brand new looking with warranty) or outside refurbished? With their 30 day return policy I guess I can just return it if it looks like its been through WWIII, but I'm sort of hoping that since they are part of Best Buy they are considered an authorized retailer and have access to regular Apple refurbs. Nice find H.B.I.C!

I'll have to find my patchstick so I can get this one set up the same as my current one :D

I was thinking about buying one to hack as well.

but I really don't have a use for it.. Whenever I'm home i'm on the MBP, I can't even watch a movie without getting on the internet.LOL

haganaga

macrumors member
May 20, 2010
Is there any difference between the 160gb and the 40gb besides storage space on the HD? HD space is irrelevant to me since everything is housed on my mac anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.