Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NYU02

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
Hi,
I currently use godaddy's web based email for my personal email and I tried to forward it to my apple mail application but I can't get it to work. I tried the instructions that godaddy gives but they are useless and not accurate. I'm able to receive my mail but I can't send out. I am using Leopard (don't know if that makes a difference).

If anyone knows how to set this up it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
NYU02

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
I got this working for one of my godaddy accounts. Unfortunately I did not save the instructions. I did find them via google doing a search on "setting up mac email for godaddy domain" or something along those lines

I do know that port 995 and "use SSL" were critical for my setup.

chatoyer

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2006
Te Wai Pounamu, New Zealand
robanga is correct. I'm using Mail to access a godaddy email account and it does in fact use 995 under SSL. The other 'gotcha' is that your username is your FULL email address, not just the beginning part before the "@". That one threw me, even under windows when setting up in Outlook. :)

NYU02

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
Thanks,
I tried googling it and got different directions but couldn't get any of them to work. It's sending email thats the problem. When I went into godaddy email setup and enabled forwarding it says i have to pay for activating stmp or something like that (don't have it in front of me). Did you guys have to do that as well? Do I have to pay for something?

Thanks,
NYU02

sash

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2004
When I went into godaddy email setup and enabled forwarding it says i have to pay for activating stmp or something like that (don't have it in front of me). Did you guys have to do that as well? Do I have to pay for something?NYU02

Hi,

I have a hosting account at GoDaddy -- without using it though... A few months ago, when I've set up one of my sites there, I've also set up email.

If I'm getting it right, you have some limit for using SMTP at GoDaddy for free. I believe, it's something like 250 times a day. If you're going above this limit, you have to pay.

Once again, I can be wrong, as it was a few months ago.

I believe, for the rest their email service is quite usual, except for extremely small mailbox space. You can find all the setting routine on their help pages -- or just contact their tech support.

But you know, GoDaddy has no really good reputation as a hoster. They are rather a good choice for domain registering and SSL certificates.

Cheers,
sash

acorbie

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Found it!

I called GoDaddy customer service and the operator there told me to change the port to 80 and Uncheck SSL. My emails go out now. Yay! I hope this helps you all. Let me know. :apple:

P.S. I called about 5pm on a Wednesday and got right through to an operator. The number I called is 1-480-505-8877

Miggylafuente

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
Thankkkk youuuuuuu all.

Thankkkk youuuuuuu all. I had called USA, ONO, Mac sales...everywhere...How silly of me not to have got the answer earlier by checking up in here..muchos thank yous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.