Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Hi all, if you just use your ipad in your home only do you have any sort of case for it ? Or a sleeve type case or just keep it naked ?
Im trying to decide if i should put it in something when not in use.

Juego

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Hi all, if you just use your ipad in your home only do you have any sort of case for it ? Or a sleeve type case or just keep it naked ?

I keep my in the original box when not in use until my cases arrive. It seems like it would scratch easily so I'm being carefull.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida

Mine currently resides in a Speck Candy Shell and sits wherever i happen to put it when i'm not using it. Often on my pillow or the ironing board in the kitchen.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I use the MacAlly Bookstand when I'm going to be doing typing. Otherwise, it goes naked, and I use a TwelveSouth BookArc stand by my bed to keep it out of the way when not in use. No issues.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Our house iPad stays in the kitchen in a cookbook page holder type rack in the apple case...had it in a back type case but wife and kids like the tilt feature of the case

Ingram

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2010
I have a Yoobao case also, but I think any apple case knock-off that is well-made should do the job (including the apple case, of course).
I like the functionality and some protection that the case provides, and the ability to prop it up on my lap/table/anywhere is great.

DaveOZ

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2008
I have tried a few case but I hate the extra bulk and awkwardness of use. I have powersupport screen protector and a SGP carbon skin on the back. I use it a lot in bed and I find it much easier to use without a case. Sitting on the lounge or desk I simply prop it up on my reading glasses case since I always have them with me.

I have a slim Cygnett slip protector which lives in my manbag for transport.

historyteacher

macrumors member
May 23, 2010
Mine sits in a belkin grip vue... That way I can pretty much set it anywhere. I also have a belkin pleated sleeve to throw it in when I take it out. I have been very happy with the set up so far.

LadyMacBeth43

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2010
Mine went naked for the first several weeks while I decided on a case. I wanted a case for help with typing more than anything else. I had no scratch issues from using the naked iPad. When I took it somewhere I slipped it into a pocket/envelope I had made out of a spare Domke camera wrap, which is a padded square you can fold into all sorts of contortions. I use those to turn regular bags into DSLR bags so I had several lying around, but I would buy one just for the iPad to travel around in in the future if I was going to keep the iPad naked otherwise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.