Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but if anyone here is even familiar with the name Heckler (his company makes gorgeous, albeit pricey, minimalist desks for Mac enthusiasts), he announced just earlier this week a very nice looking and functional new stand for the iPad called @Rest. Here's a linky:

http://hecklerdesign.com/atrest/

I've already pre-ordered one myself. I really like the idea of cable management and the various angles and setups you can have with your iPad. :D

Having a low angle setup will benefit my personally as I use my iPad for music production purposes in my studio. The holders that keep the iPad situated in place and the two wide feet at both ends looks like this is a really stable stand as compared to some other stands in the market.

Anyway, can't wait to try this one :D

misterbig

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2010
Could you take some pics of your setup with the @Rest? Really interested to see how this stand looks with the iPad on it. :)

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Doesn't look like it folds...which is a dealbreaker for those of us who travel extensively. I do like how they are honest on their website and admit this limitation. Kudos to them for doing so.

Otherwise, it is an aesthetically pleasing design.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
The main thing that I have against this and all other stands like that I've seen is that they only allow naked iPads in them. I have mine in a nice Peil Farmer case and don't like to take it out just to put it in a stand.

Just my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it. :D

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Actually the site does state that the pegs can adjust between a naked or encased iPad.

charks

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2010
Actually the site does state that the pegs can adjust between a naked or encased iPad.

I contacted Heckler about this. The maximum distance achievable from the front face to the back of the "pegs" is .84"...so it should handle all but the chunkiest of iPad cases.

Check out the Heckler Design facebook page. Plenty of new shots of the stand in black...red...yellow...silver and cream. Elegant...industrial and fairly priced. Plan on getting one for the kitchen.

Karnivore

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
Looks over-engineered to me. The bulk and complexity of the design negates simple streamlined look of iPad.

Just MO, of course.

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
I contacted Heckler about this. The maximum distance achievable from the front face to the back of the "pegs" is .84"...so it should handle all but the chunkiest of iPad cases.

Check out the Heckler Design facebook page. Plenty of new shots of the stand in black...red...yellow...silver and cream. Elegant...industrial and fairly priced. Plan on getting one for the kitchen.

Judging from the close up pic of the peg with the particular statement, it has two positions. Position one for a non cased iPad, position two for iPad with a case. I'm wondering if the Heckler crew would make a peg with a third position for cases a little bulkier than most.

ics55

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
I just got one of these, and I can confirm it works with a Vaja Agenda which is pretty thick. It's a little snug, but it does work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.