Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
Am going to buy an ipad at the weekend and want to watch video footage on the morning train journey.

Looking for a good set of headphones and initially considered BT but read you can't watch a movie with them and the ipad as the sound wil be out of synch.

But most headphones I have seen seem to have a 1.5
meter lead which is just too long!

Can you buy headphones with short leads?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Yes you can. Apple uk store stock some can't remember the brand but it is .75m long with a .75m extension included.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Yes you can. Apple uk store stock some can't remember the brand but it is .75m long with a .75m extension included.

I have the Denon AH-C710's and they have a short lead with an extension lead. They look good and sound good. May want to look into them as an option.

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
Am going to buy an ipad at the weekend and want to watch video footage on the morning train journey. Looking for a good set of headphones and initially considered BT but read you can't watch a movie with them and the ipad as the sound wil be out of synch.

Who told you that?

I use Sony DR-BT22 Bluetooth headphones with my iPad and they work perfectly.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
Who told you that?

I use Sony DR-BT22 Bluetooth headphones with my iPad and they work perfectly.

Really?!! I have read on here more than once that all BT headphones will fail to synch with video as the time taken to process the audio and transmit it to the unit is to slow too keep up with the action?

Is this a case of misinformation?

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
Really?!! I have read on here more than once that all BT headphones will fail to synch with video as the time taken to process the audio and transmit it to the unit is to slow too keep up with the action? Is this a case of misinformation?

It's utter rubbish.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.