Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wjlafrance

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Madison, WI
Hey guys. My app just started getting impressions and click-throughs. I've had two impressions so far with a CTR (click-through rate) of 50% and made $1.21. The first impression gave me $0.01, so I'm guessing I made $1.20 from the click-through. Thought you might be interested.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Wow, if these numbers can actually keep up then iAd would be amazing.

A single click being worth more than someone buying your app at 99 cents...

wjlafrance

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Madison, WI
Wow, if these numbers can actually keep up then iAd would be amazing.

A single click being worth more than someone buying your app at 99 cents...

I was considering adding a "disable iAds" in-app purchase for 99 cents, but then I realized how unprofitable that would be.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
I haven't looked at the iAd details but with associate programs they have a high payout if the customer makes a purchase. So for a place like Amazon the associate may get 20% of the amount purchased. The expectation though is that there will be a very low number of customers that will click the ad and make a purchase.

DIGITALiam

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Apple takes 40% of iAD revenue. Apple charges $2.00 per click and $0.01 per impression. Therefore you get $1.20 per click and I think still $0.01 per impression.

Hope that helps.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
Has anyone seen any iAd's in the UK yet? I haven't seen any come up on apps I use and as have a UK-Centric app that I've submitted with iAd as it's only form of revenue I'm a little concerned about not having come past them yet.

Danneman101

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2008
Apple takes 40% of iAD revenue. Apple charges $2.00 per click and $0.01 per impression. Therefore you get $1.20 per click and I think still $0.01 per impression.

Are you sure its per click and not per click + purchase (of whatever product)? Well, I guess it must be per click since not all advertising directly sells anything.

I wonder how they measure an impression though? Lets say you have a view opened all the time, can the add change to another or does it only update when the view is changed? And if the first is true, what is the time-interval of an ad, and is every change an "impression" generating another 0.01 bucks?

wjlafrance

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Madison, WI
Are you sure its per click and not per click + purchase (of whatever product)? Well, I guess it must be per click since not all advertising directly sells anything.

I wonder how they measure an impression though? Lets say you have a view opened all the time, can the add change to another or does it only update when the view is changed? And if the first is true, what is the time-interval of an ad, and is every change an "impression" generating another 0.01 bucks?

I'm 100% positive. I'm pretty sure nobody has bought a Nissan Leaf through my app yet.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008

Man I wish I could sell a $30,000 car for a $2 ad ;) Nissan would be doing real well by now. I think it is difficult to see what an impression is right now as the main advertiser right now is just Nissan...so I doubt it would show another Nissan ad twice in a row.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.