Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SeverinK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
This has been bothering me for more than a year now, I did at one point give up and bought Mail Plane which is pretty much gmail without using a web browser. But anyway, I get these annoying subfolders (Highlighted in Red) when I register a Gmail account with Mail.
stiYngxkRyRhPrKxWGPvtqrfz0on1S2o_m.png

deadwulfe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
Assuming you're using IMAP, I'm not sure if it's necessary to have the Google Labs advanced IMAP thing in your GMail settings to do this, but you can choose which folders "Show in IMAP" under the Labels option.

Caleb531

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
You can enable the Advanced IMAP Controls feature in Gmail Labs. Then you can check which of those labels Show in IMAP in the Labels tab.

The [Gmail] folder will still remain (that's just part of Gmail IMAP). You can get rid of it my moving all of your folders into that [Gmail] folder, then setting the IMAP path prefix (Preferences... > Accounts > Advanced) to [Gmail]. This gets rid of the [Gmail] folder, but at the cost of appending [Gmail]/ to your label names in the web interface.

Hope that all made sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.