Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WarnerBrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008

WarnerBrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
That should work, unless your flatscreen (TV or real computer display, which model either anyway?) has a DVI input, then a normal DVI extension cable will do the trick.

If it is a TV: How to: Connect a MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro to a TV

Btw, one thread is enough.

apologies for double-posting. I didn't expect such a quick answer.The link was helpful. My flatscreen is newer "dynex" model. it doesn't have a DVI input, just hdmi ones.
I think the last input on this (to the right) is a DVI input correct? thats like my powerbook

Apple_PowerBook_17.jpg

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
apologies for double-posting. I didn't expect such a quick answer.The link was helpful. My flatscreen is newer "dynex" model. it doesn't have a DVI input, just hdmi ones.
I think the last input on this (to the right) is a DVI input correct? thats like my powerbook

Apple_PowerBook_17.jpg

If it has no DVI input, then it is a TV, and the guide I linked to will help you connecting it properly to your PowerBook, which has a DVI output (not input).

g4-powerbook-ports.gif

mac-book-pro-ports.jpg

WarnerBrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
damn. nevermind, that's the wrong one, canceling order. getting the ebay one.
thanks again for the help

WarnerBrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
f**k I'm getting frustrated.
N180.jpg

the left side of the DVI male has 4 thingers which would fit in the DVI on my powerbook, but that metal thing inbetween would block it from fitting.
this is an older g4, aluminum i got in 2005. i'm scouring amazon without much luck..

WarnerBrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
I would get this one
41rjatfssGL._SS400_.jpg

but where are the other 4 pins on the left that would connect to the D-DVI? are they necessary?

WarnerBrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
the other one ships from australia.don't have enough time.
would this one work?

31S8AONjl%2BL._SS400_.jpg

WarnerBrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
the guide in that link doesn't cover my old powerbook.

My d-dvi output is 24+5 pin. does anyone know if a 24+1 pin DVI cable would work??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.