Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
my puppy

here are pictures of my great dane puppy, jake. i have a few more pictures to upload to the site - he's growing pretty quickly (at 4 months of age he's now 60 lbs), though i can't tell all that much since i see him every day. i really only realize it when he can reach something he couldn't get to before.

http://homepage.mac.com/m.schultz/PhotoAlbum3.html

there are a few rules in the house - he can't get on any of the furniture (a bummer, i know, but my husband is allergic and extensive contact with fur/dander makes him itch), no eating people food, and no licking the mac! yet again, my husband thinks i'm crazy - whenever jake comes near me when i'm on the couch with my powerbook, i say, "jake, no licking the mac" when he gets close. he's learned pretty well now, just from the tone of my voice.

there will be no drool on the powerbook! :p

marianne

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
That's a beautiful Dane, macLC40!

I want to get one once I get into a place that allows small horses as pets. ;)

Did you get him locally? I've heard it's tough to find good breeders in the US - they're short lived enough as it is and I don't want one with lots of health problems from inbreeding.

iNetwork

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2004
New Mexico
My Puppy

This is Chick. She's a chocolate lab. Very sweet dog and she still thinks she's a lap puppy. Her favorite drink is coffee and her favorite food is grilled steak. I love her and she loves me so much. She cries when I go to work and nearly does flips when I get home! Her hobbies include ball chasing, squirrel chasing and lifting girl's skirts with her nose so that I can have a peek. :p Very well trained puppy.

Attachments

• chick.jpg
    chick.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 430

r6girl

Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
yellow said:
Pretty dog. He looks more like a Weimaraner then a Great Dane.

yeah, we get that a lot. he's a blue dane, so his coloring is almost like a weimaraner, although his coat is a darker grey. also, he doesn't have the fully square head and jaw yet that danes have (which he should grow into, based on what his parents look like). that also makes him look more like a weimaraner for the moment. but once he gets to be full-grown and weighs around 150 lbs, i think the confusion will end at that time!

marianne

r6girl

Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
Rower_CPU said:
That's a beautiful Dane, macLC40!

I want to get one once I get into a place that allows small horses as pets. ;)

Did you get him locally? I've heard it's tough to find good breeders in the US - they're short lived enough as it is and I don't want one with lots of health problems from inbreeding.

thanks! i did get him locally - out of a litter of 10! check out http://www.danesonline.com - there's great info there and links to breeders and current litters. they're great pets- he's been even better than we'd hoped for. he's so friendly and sweet, and wants nothing more than to hang around us all the time. definitely a good breed if you want a dog that will be part of your family (not to just leave out in the yard, which a lot of people do, unfortunately).

good luck on getting a dane soon! they need less room than you think - they're not like weimaraners where they need tons of room to run around. they're not very high energy, so a few daily walks and some playing suffices most of the time.

marianne

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
macLC40 said:
thanks! i did get him locally - out of a litter of 10! check out http://www.danesonline.com - there's great info there and links to breeders and current litters. they're great pets- he's been even better than we'd hoped for. he's so friendly and sweet, and wants nothing more than to hang around us all the time. definitely a good breed if you want a dog that will be part of your family (not to just leave out in the yard, which a lot of people do, unfortunately).

good luck on getting a dane soon! they need less room than you think - they're not like weimaraners where they need tons of room to run around. they're not very high energy, so a few daily walks and some playing suffices most of the time.

marianne

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

Right now we can barely have a cat due to the regulations in our complex - once we move to a place with a yard, we're so getting a dane. :)

Peyote

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2002
This is our basset hound, Vern. We got him a year ago through a basset hound rescue club, who found him at an animal shelter. He's about 2.5-3 years old now. I love bassets...great personality. The only thing that irks me is when people think he's a Beagle. Happens all the time, even though he looks and is 100% basset.

Attachments

• vern2.gif
    vern2.gif
    91.9 KB · Views: 333
  • vern04.gif
    vern04.gif
    40.5 KB · Views: 2,824
  • vern03.gif
    vern03.gif
    98.1 KB · Views: 280
Reactions: BlackBun

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
iNetwork said:
....Her favorite drink is coffee....

That might explain this:

iNetwork said:
....does flips when I get home! Her hobbies include ball chasing, squirrel chasing and lifting girl's skirts with her nose so that I can have a peek.

;)

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
acceber said:
Everybody seems to own dogs or cats! Here is a true Australian budgie, my budgie called "Mouse"

IMGP94.jpg

We are 'babysitting' an Australian grass parrot. We also have some budgies, quail and lovebirds. They all seem to get on well with each other (in a large aviary).

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Texas, USA
Here are my 3 cats: Claire (blue gray), Alice (gray and white tabby) and Simon (aka the Cow moooo)
-jim

Attachments

• claire.JPG
    claire.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 327
  • alice.JPG
    alice.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 329
  • simon.JPG
    simon.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 316

kaylee

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2004
Australia
Here are my two hermit crabs, Hermes and Apollo. Hermes is up the plastic palm tree we have in their tank, and Apollo is buried into the wood shavings. (Sorry about how dark the picture is, but its the only i have at the moment)

Attachments

• HermitCrabs.jpg
    HermitCrabs.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 325
Reactions: BlackBun

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Bumbrakitten

My crime against nature, Bumbrakitten. He likes tuna treats and scotch whiskey.
He finds hobo legs to be a delicacy.

Attachments

• BumBrakitten.gif
    BumBrakitten.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 541

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
yellow said:
My crime against nature, Bumbrakitten. He likes tuna treats and scotch whiskey.
He finds hobo legs to be a delicacy.

That's just wrong... it was right in the "Lost" thread but... as a pet... it eat's airplane pilots!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.