Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonjames

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
so i shot and edited a short movie with my iphone 4 and edited with imovie for iphone. now ive logged into my youtube account and uploaded the video to my account but now when i try to watch the video it is extremely choppy. did i do something wrong? because the video is definetly not being shown in high def. like do i need to click a tab to upload hd video or something. im sorry to bother you guys but im lost.

Cautionnycsbest

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
Having the same problem I even put the video to my desktop pc and upload from there and the video is a little square box and choppy help anyone

jonjames

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
I'm sorry maybe I wasn't specific enough....I mean it seems as tho YouTube doesn't recognize it as a hd video but when I search "iPhone 4 test video" on YouTube I see high quality videos and e en have the option to watch them in 360p 480p or 720p but that tab isn't available on my video. I uploaded from my pc and exported from iPhone in 720p

gchhour

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2010
The HD video recording function works great on the iPhone 4, what you are experiencing is that, HD videos shot on the phone are not going to be HD quality when uploaded directly from the phone. In order to keep the 720P format you have to connect the phone to the computer and then download the video off the phone. That way you can upload the video to youtube. etc. Yea this is something that Apple didnt include in their little keynote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.