Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Ok, I am a little perturbed here. If you remove/save movies from your iPhone 4 camera roll to your computer and want to put them back on your phone, where do they go? I know you can syn the photos back if you create a folder but where the hell do the videos go? They are certainly not recognized when the are put in a folder under my pics. :confused::confused:

Help! Lol.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
They’re synced under Music.

~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Movies/

Was that what you wanted?

I suppose. So any movie that was captured on the iPhone 4 and is moved OUT OF the camera roll, it can not be put back on the phone except for putting it in through iTunes/iPod now?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I suppose. So any movie that was captured on the iPhone 4 and is moved OUT OF the camera roll, it can not be put back on the phone except for putting it in through iTunes/iPod now?

This is the way it’s always been. No? The iPhone has never acted like the original iPods. Sucks that Apple did this, but they did.

TruckdriverSean

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2009
Texas, US
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Adding them back thru the folder I sync photos with is great and all, but my issue is that iMovie will not import any video that isn't in the actual "camera roll".

Am I missing something?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.