Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

armyguy26

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Hi Everybody,
On my macbook the disc thing (where you insert your disc) might be broken. When I put a disc in there it becomes stuck. What should I do?

armyguy26

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Does it try to eject and hit the case? If so is the case bent or warped at all?

Yes, that is what happens. I can see the disc but it is still in the drive thing. The case doesn't look bent, but the styrofoam (or whatever material inside) seems to be a little damaged. What should I do?

armyguy26

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Yes. Just go to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorised Repair Shop and see what they can do.

I got it to go in and register with my computer by starting up my virtual machine (VMware Fusion) not sure if it can eject though. Cross my fingers and hope for the best. Thanks for your help.

brainwave89

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2006
What has worked for me in the past is to find a thin enough piece of cardboard that would fit into the SuperDrive and place two or three pieces of scotch tape on it. Slide the cardboard into the SuperDrive with the tape sticky part on the outside and see if it can "catch" the disc. If so, then pull it out.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Since it is still under warranty I would just bring it to the Apple store. Otherwise I would have suggested opening the case and move the material back into place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.