Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kilowattradio

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2009
Oregon
I have an original Tiger 10.4 install disk for a G-5 computer. When I boot up the computer with the install disk everything is fine. However when I run Disk Utility the only option I have for formatting the partitions is MS-DOS or free space. No Mac OS X formats are offered. If I run a 10.5 Install disk I am offered the options in Disk Utility to use Mac OS X HDD formatting.
Any one have any idea what I need to do to get DU in Tiger to format the HDD in Mac OS X format? BTW, the HDD's in the unit are pre-formatted in Windows NTFS if that makes a difference. I just want to make sure Tiger supports Mac OS X format before doing anything else.

:confused:

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
Delete existing partition, create new and you'll should be able to format it to Mac. Or do what Hrududu said.

kilowattradio

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2009
Oregon
Delete existing partition, create new and you'll should be able to format it to Mac. Or do what Hrududu said.

OK Thanks. I just found out the PPC uses a different partitioning type and that is why it only offered MS-DOS or Free space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.