Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
jajajaja

no

And why would they need to? For all intents and purposes, you can't use it anywhere else besides ATT.

Soulcrux

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2008
Lol

That would be really crappy if they did, and makes no sense, since they pretty much give you the "upgrade" as an incentive to sign another contract with them

sportster

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
Katy, TX
Ask everyone else said: it's yours you paid big buck up front and a nice monthly service fee for the past 2 years. Enjoy it, give it to a family member or sell it and make a little cash...

yoyo5280

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
Melbourne, Australia & Bay Area
Thanks for all the replies!

Here is my plan...

My family has 5 iphones in total. 4 3g models and 1 3Gs.
The 3Gs is eligible for an upgrade to iP4... and my dad can no longer use his 3G (company requires a blackberry)...

So we thought... Sell the 3G in the hopes that we can keep the 3Gs as we upgrade...and hand that 3Gs down to me :D

Some other complications have popped up...but meh.

Once again Thanks!

Love,
Omi

insidmal

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Eugene
Thanks for all the replies!

Here is my plan...

My family has 5 iphones in total. 4 3g models and 1 3Gs.
The 3Gs is eligible for an upgrade to iP4... and my dad can no longer use his 3G (company requires a blackberry)...

So we thought... Sell the 3G in the hopes that we can keep the 3Gs as we upgrade...and hand that 3Gs down to me :D

Some other complications have popped up...but meh.

Once again Thanks!

Love,
Omi

Other complications? that sucks.. that's cool that you get a new phone out of the deal, I'm giving my 3G i replaced to my mom, she's on an old crappy samsung slider, she's been giving her upgrades away to my brother and his wife for a while so she deserves something new(er) lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.