Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Russell L

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
San Francisco
It seems that there's no way in the iPhone to view a photo's metadata (specifically the date and time of the photo). It would also be nice if we could add keywords so we could search for a particular photo if we wanted to. I know I can see the metadata when I download the photos to my Mac using Image Capture, but what I really want is to be able to view it while browsing the photos on the iPhone itself. Is there an app that does this? (Couldn't find one in the App Store.) I can envision a simple "i" icon in the corner of the display, which, when pressed would flip the photo around to reveal the photo's date, time, keywords, location, and whatever other metadata there is. I'm shocked that this feature isn't already built into the OS.

nelsonh

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Ditto. Totally perplexing that this isn't built into the camera roll app. I used to use the PhotoInfo app, but it doesn't work under iOS4, and I don't even see it in the app store any more. Been trying to find a replacement but my searching hasn't turned up anything yet, it's a hard thing to search for.

Russell L

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
San Francisco
Bumping this just-over-one-year-old thread.

Does anyone know if what I've asked for in my original post will be in iOS 5? It would seem to be a fairly simple thing for Apple to do. All the third-party apps I've looked at don't quite cut it....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.