Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sweigner

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2008
Pottstown
how is this?

eyeofthetiger.jpg

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Thanks guys, this is an awesome thread. Any chance somebody could do something with this logo:

Also if some of the world cup teams could be made that would be great.

I don't have that logo, but do have a couple of other ones. You can find them on my iPhone 4 Wallpaper page. As for World Cup teams, I only have the USA and the Netherlands, as well as the official logo.

ugtrackster

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010
East Texas
iSaxon I don't know if you missed this or not earlier but can you take my johnson and pace logos and where you put the black outline make it solid white instead without the outline to give it that white washed look. Thanks alot for working these up for everybody and meeting our requests. What software are you using to do this?

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
I just can't seem to get one of these to look right. I can use the PSD file posted earlier, place my logo between the cracks and the background, and tinker with the transparency of the logo layer. But no matter what, it never ends up looking "painted on" like most of these.

Is there a layer effect you're using, or some filter? Any tips?

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
I just can't seem to get one of these to look right. I can use the PSD file posted earlier, place my logo between the cracks and the background, and tinker with the transparency of the logo layer. But no matter what, it never ends up looking "painted on" like most of these.

Is there a layer effect you're using, or some filter? Any tips?

Instead of just adjusting the transparency, try using a different blend mode, located to the left of the opacity setting. I take it you're using the brown wood - I normally start off with Soft Light to see what the effect will be. Take it one step at a time, as the various blend modes will affect the image differently. One really nice effect is to get the outline of an image in white, use Soft Light, the apply the Emboss layer style in a downward pattern. If done right, it looks like the image was carved out of the wood. Should you need any additional information, zag me a line at: hawaiimacaddict@gmail.com.

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
Instead of just adjusting the transparency, try using a different blend mode, located to the left of the opacity setting. I take it you're using the brown wood - I normally start off with Soft Light to see what the effect will be. Take it one step at a time, as the various blend modes will affect the image differently. One really nice effect is to get the outline of an image in white, use Soft Light, the apply the Emboss layer style in a downward pattern. If done right, it looks like the image was carved out of the wood. Should you need any additional information, zag me a line at: hawaiimacaddict@gmail.com.

Thanks for the tip... soft light does actually look quite a bit better. While it's significantly better, it's still slightly off. I think it may be the logo colors need to be "aged" a bit. I'll have to tinker around.

I'm actually using the grey wood. I essentially took that brown wood PSD and desaturated the background layer. If you have any grey-specific hints I'd appreciate it. I was surprised how big a difference the soft light layer style made.

bpuryear

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2009
Requesting a Razorback

I'd love to get this one....or another Razorback logo, if someone has one lying around that is better quality.

The other Razorback one is just a tad too generic!

kytv_Razorback+logo.jpg

WahooSF

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
Gsw

Could someone post a wood wallpaper with the new logo for the Golden State Warriors? Thanks!

pirateRACE

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2010
Go Browns!!

Anyone know where the original wood image came from? I'd like to perfect this with 5 even planks, but don't like the wood backgrounds i've found on the google.

Attachments

• BrownsStripes.jpg
    BrownsStripes.jpg
    763.1 KB · Views: 401

nncarr

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
What about a couple more Atlanta Braves logos? Along with an Ole Miss logo with just the script writing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.