Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
For some reason I have an email message that won't send. I keep getting a blue box popup saying "The server rejected....placed in your Outbox" and at the bottom of the Inbox list it says "Updated.... 1 Unsent Message". There is only an Inbox, Sent and Trash listed (no Outbox). How do I get to (create an Outbox) and delete this message?

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Could some one please help. I have read through the iPhone PDF and can't find any info on how to configure the Outbox. It is constantly trying to send and eating my battery. There must be a way to view and delete the message.

epoche

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2007
Deleting Drafts

Not sure if this answers your question, but I have two e-mail accounts, one with local Cox and a MobileMe account. The latter shows "Drafts", but the Cox account does not. I just deleted a Me draft presumably because the smtp server was not correct.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Not sure if this answers your question, but I have two e-mail accounts, one with local Cox and a MobileMe account. The latter shows "Drafts", but the Cox account does not. I just deleted a Me draft presumably because the smtp server was not correct.

No Drafts on any of my accounts. There has to be a way to accesses it the Outbox. I'm fairly sure an Outbox will show up on Desktop Mail if the Internet or email server is down. Not sure why it won't send since there is no problem with either. wonder if not creating an Outbox is n iPad bug?

vidsmart

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2010
No Drafts on any of my accounts. There has to be a way to accesses it the Outbox. I'm fairly sure an Outbox will show up on Desktop Mail if the Internet or email server is down. Not sure why it won't send since there is no problem with either. wonder if not creating an Outbox is n iPad bug?

This worked for me: settings-->email acct-->outgoing mail server--> username/password (I had left blank when I set up acct)

My problem disappeared...hope this helps

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Just got off the iPhone with tech support. It's supposed to create an Outbox automatically but didn't for some reason. Had to delete account and the email then created an Outbox in another account and then was able to delete it. Undetermined why and hopefully won't happen again.

tyke65

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2007
I had this problem, deleted and re-created the account but didn't clear. I powered the ipad off completely then switched it back on and all was OK.

RkyMtn

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2012
Colorado
Success!!!

I inherited my mothers iPhone 3Gs (as I was still using a 3G, as I am waiting to see what the iPhone 5 is going to offer) with the 3.1.3 iOS still installed (Thank GOD, as iOS 4 on the 3G is unbearable and it frequently crashes.)

After setting up the phone with all my settings, I kept getting the message that 2 email messages could not be sent and have been moved to my Outbox. No Outbox to be found. I wiped out all the email accounts and recreated them => I still received the 2 unsent messages and the phone kept trying to send them every time I accessed the email accounts from the iPhone.

I wiped out all the accounts again and then shut down the phone (pressed and held the main iPhone control button while pressing the power button and shut the phone down. Restarted the phone and setup my email accounts again => Success! No more unsent messages!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.