Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

network23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 18, 2002
Illinois
Is anyone else seeing this, or is it just me?

Recently (last week or so), I've started having problems with the MacRumors site in that the ad will load, and the pageload will stop. It will take 2-4 reloads of the page before I can see anything below the adspace.

Now, some more sinister than I would think it was a cheap way to increase ad hit counts, but I'm sure it's just an html coding error that I wanted to bring to your attention and see if anyone else was having the same problem.

straphound

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2002
Ohio
The same thing happens to me occasionally. This only seems to happen on my work PC and when using Firefox.

It doesn't seem to happen when using IE on my PC (granted it has been a long time since I used IE for any browsing, Mac or PC) or when using Safari or Firefox on my Mac. :confused:

Attachments

• Doesn't Load.jpg
    Doesn't Load.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 147

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
Gah... I thought it was me. It happens to me at work (Windows 2000 / Mozilla 1.7.3) and at home (OS X / Safari).

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Me too. Although it seems to have recently cleared up.

Like some others: Safari 1.2.2 on OS 10.3.4

Thought it was a Safari thing, cleared my cache...

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
never used to happen w/ firefox until i got 1.0 but now it does. in netscape 7.2(my favorite browser behind hypersalamander as it's calling itself now due to the firesomething extension and netscape 4.7 which sadly renders macrumors completely wrong, without java or tables or anything even though i have all plugins...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.