Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pantera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2010
Hi,

I installed a hotmail account on my iPhone 3gs but it doesn't work. So I decide to delete it but then to my surprise, there's nothing like "Delete mail account" button to click. I've searched all over the mail settings area on the iPhone for a clue on how to delete it, but I can't find anything.

I once installed the mail exchange account and it is extremely easy to delete it once I don't want it anymore. This time the hotmail account is not like that and I'm totally stuck.

Do you guys know how to delete the hotmail account?

Thanks very much

pantera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2010
Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Accounts>Hotmail>delete account.

Thank you, aggie. But it's not as simple as that. As I said, there is no "Delete Account" button to click on in order to remove the account. I installed the hotmail account using "Email on the Run" from this supplier: https://personal.optus.com.au/web/o...=/personal/mobile/emailontherun&site=personal

After declaring my hotmail e-mail, they sent a message to my iPhone with a link to download the settings for the hotmail account. I clicked on the link, downloaded the settings. Now I want to remove it but I just can't.

Here is what looks like on my iPhone 3g:
. Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Accounts -> Account for myUsername.
. When clicking on myUsername, I see the following: IMAP -> Account Info
. Clicking on Account Info, I see the following:
- Name
- Address
- Description
- Incoming Mail Server
- etc...

At the end of the screen, I see "Advanced" and NO "Delete Account" or whatsoever. I clicked Advanced and see none either.

In short, I click on everything within MAIL, CONTACTS, CALENDARS and scroll from up to bottom and see no "Delete Account" as it is for other mail accounts.

Does anyone how to fix this? Thanks a bunch

rattleglans

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2009
Thank you, aggie. But it's not as simple as that. As I said, there is no "Delete Account" button to click on in order to remove the account. I installed the hotmail account using "Email on the Run" from this supplier: https://personal.optus.com.au/web/o...=/personal/mobile/emailontherun&site=personal

After declaring my hotmail e-mail, they sent a message to my iPhone with a link to download the settings for the hotmail account. I clicked on the link, downloaded the settings. Now I want to remove it but I just can't.

Here is what looks like on my iPhone 3g:
. Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Accounts -> Account for myUsername.
. When clicking on myUsername, I see the following: IMAP -> Account Info
. Clicking on Account Info, I see the following:
- Name
- Address
- Description
- Incoming Mail Server
- etc...

At the end of the screen, I see "Advanced" and NO "Delete Account" or whatsoever. I clicked Advanced and see none either.

In short, I click on everything within MAIL, CONTACTS, CALENDARS and scroll from up to bottom and see no "Delete Account" as it is for other mail accounts.

Does anyone how to fix this? Thanks a bunch
maybe somewhere, you missed an "edit" button.

pantera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2010
maybe somewhere, you missed an "edit" button.

There is no "edit" button at all within the Mail, Contacts, Calendars area. When there is an "edit" button I can find, it is for something else, not for editing the hotmail account that I downloaded from the supplier website.

pantera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2010
Why wouldnt you just install the hotmail account the normal way but instead you did that optus email on the run thing?
You might have to restore your phone to remove it.

I installed the Optus "E-mail on the Run" because I just have purchased their plan, and I looked at a couple of their offers on their websites and saw this thing. My very first time that I use an iPhone.

I have tried to RESET all settings but to no effect. The Optus hotmail settings thing still stays on the phone. Thanks anyway

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I installed the Optus "E-mail on the Run" because I just have purchased their plan, and I looked at a couple of their offers on their websites and saw this thing. My very first time that I use an iPhone.

I have tried to RESET all settings but to no effect. The Optus hotmail settings thing still stays on the phone. Thanks anyway

Not reset. Restore it thru iTunes.
Contact that company and ask them how to do it. You might have to do it thru them or their site again.

Mxchan3

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
If you turned on restrictions, turn it it off!
After that, general > mail, contacts, calendars > your account mail, then scroll all the way down and press the red button

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.