Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleg33k

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
it seems like many people just overlooked the fact that they will only be giving away free cases up until september 30th. this brings up a lot speculation as to whether apple will be introducing a new revision of the iP4 to fix the reception issues. i personally believe that because they already set aside a concrete date as the last day for free cases, that they have something up their sleeves. otherwise they would have just said we will re-evaluate in september and play it by ear then.

this put me in a tough situation now. i returned my iP4 a few days ago because of a number of issues and was waiting till today's press conference to decide if i should repurchase it or go with the 3GS instead. but it seems like it would be pointless to purchase the iP4 now, as they will most likely be making some changes/additions on september 30th. im currently using a first gen iPhone 2G and won't be able to use it for more than a couple weeks. what to do, what to do? i think i'm going to just get a 3GS. i don't want a case on my phone. period.

Apple fanboys, GO!

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
I would hypothesize that they could do a silent recall for all iPhone 4 users under warranty. If you were to replace your iPhone 4 at the Genius Bar after September 30, you may end up getting a newer hardware revision.

In either case, I think it's safe to buy an iPhone 4 now or then. I don't have antenna issues, but if the proximity sensor can't be fixed with a software update, then I'll be checking back in the fall for a replacement.

arykmax

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2008
it seems like many people just overlooked the fact that they will only be giving away free cases up until september 30th. this brings up a lot speculation as to whether apple will be introducing a new revision of the iP4 to fix the reception issues. i personally believe that because they already set aside a concrete date as the last day for free cases, that they have something up their sleeves. otherwise they would have just said we will re-evaluate in september and play it by ear then.

this put me in a tough situation now. i returned my iP4 a few days ago because of a number of issues and was waiting till today's press conference to decide if i should repurchase it or go with the 3GS instead. but it seems like it would be pointless to purchase the iP4 now, as they will most likely be making some changes/additions on september 30th. im currently using a first gen iPhone 2G and won't be able to use it for more than a couple weeks. what to do, what to do? i think i'm going to just get a 3GS. i don't want a case on my phone. period.

Apple fanboys, GO!

They did say this. A couple of times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.