Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

watermelon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
So i open up the camera, and on the top left it says "auto" for the flash. I click it, and then change it so it says "on." Then, I take a picture and the flash doesn't go off?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Be sure the flash stays in the on position. If it is set to on it should flash every time you take a picture. :confused:

watermelon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Be sure the flash stays in the on position. If it is set to on it should flash every time you take a picture. :confused:

Yea it's in the "on" position when I take the picture. It doesn't work in ANY of the settings. Auto, or on. It doesn't work at all in video either...

Drewsky87

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
MD
sounds like a bad flash, I would take it in for a replacement. Did you happen to drop it or hit it anywhere near the flash that might have caused damage to the LED?

watermelon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
sounds like a bad flash, I would take it in for a replacement. Did you happen to drop it or hit it anywhere near the flash that might have caused damage to the LED?

nope :( literally the second I took it out of the box, the first thing I wanted to test out was the camera and that's when I realized the flash didn't work.

but thanks, I guess I'll take it in for a replacement. :)

John-L

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2009
No flash here either...

I just purchased an iPhone 4 on Monday and I get the same result. The flash never works on any setting for photos and video and none of about 3 or 4 different flashlight apps works for me either. Looks like I'm heading in for an exchange.

lzfonto

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2013
iPhone 4S Flash leaves a Blue Clod Tint on my Photos

I just recently noticed that my iPhone 4S may have a flash problem. A friend and I both have 4S iPhones and we took a photo with our flash at the same time and mine came out a with a blue cloud tint around the photo and his didn't. I just always assumed the flash on the iPhone 4S was horrible but now I'm thinking it may be something I'm doing wrong or my setting are incorrect. Any Suggestions?

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
I just recently noticed that my iPhone 4S may have a flash problem. A friend and I both have 4S iPhones and we took a photo with our flash at the same time and mine came out a with a blue cloud tint around the photo and his didn't. I just always assumed the flash on the iPhone 4S was horrible but now I'm thinking it may be something I'm doing wrong or my setting are incorrect. Any Suggestions?
Using a case? If so, remove it and repeat the test. Some cases can create bounceback from the flash. Hopefully that's all it is...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.