Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
It's my birthday tomorrow and I don't want my work calling me with BS questions, but I want to have my phone on so I can talk to family, friends, etc.

Is there an app that will block incoming calls from my job without my phone being jailbroken?

Thanks. :)

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
I've been using iBlacklist for a year and it works very well. I have it set to give a busy signal for all people calling not in my contacts. It's also easy to turn it off for those times when you are waiting for a call from someone not in your contacts.

It has a whitelist and a blacklist so you can allow exceptions to any of the rules that you set. It can also keep a record of all calls that were blocked. I can't remember the price on it but it's worth the cost.

It's in Cydia so just search for iBlacklist and it will show up.

ksmith80209

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
I use Google Voice as my number forwarded to my iPhone. Using the main GVoice number, you can then block individual numbers.

Mitchelino

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Well, I guess I should say block the call, instead of ignore it.
I don't even want them to know the phone is on.

What carrier are you on? I'm on Rogers (in Canada) and I know they have a text blocking feature (not sure about a call blocking one, yet). Perhaps your carrier may offer a call blocker? Only thing I can think of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.