Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a1011000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
I jailbroke my ipod and it was workin fine and I was installin stuff today and it froze and I reset it and now its stuck on the apple logo screen. i tried the restore thing and it doesnt work. HELP!

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
huck iPod up to computer, when the apple logo appears hold the home and sleep key till the iPod turns offleaving then still held down as soon as the iPod starts and u see apple logo let go of the power button whilst still holding down home key, if done correctly you should get itunes logo with usb connection on the touch's screen.

load iTunes it will say it detected a iPod in recovery mode simply click restore and eventually when its done you'll have a fully working 1.1.4 iPod (non-jailbroken)

abel123

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2009
good job

:)THis really helped thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):D:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;);):):):):):
:):):):)

DwaejiTokkix3

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
iPod Touch 3.1.3 HELP!!

Last night while I was doing a Cydia update, my iPod Touch froze on the screen that says "Restart Springboard." I kept pressing the lock & home buttons but nothing happed :confused: So this morning when I checked it was STILL frozen on the same screen :mad: I decided to hold the lock and menu button until it shut down. When i turned it back on, it worked fine, and nothing seemed wrong.
I no longer wanted the jailbreak so I decided to do a restore on iTunes, but it said that the device could not be restored :eek: so I went into the settings and pressed "Erase all data and Restore all settings." After I did this, the apple logo showed up and the little loading circle also showed up. but it completely froze there. All I've been doing for the past two hours is trying to put it into DFU mode, but all it does it turn off, back on, and freezes at the same spot. Although the loading circle is still moving, it won't do anything else. I really don't know what to do, and I can't send it in to apple because my father payed quite a lot of money for a 5 year warranty and he would be so upset if it was void because of this. Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEE help me D: I'm desperate

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
Did you try putting it in DFU mode?

**Edit** Oh, sorry didnt see that, so i have no idea.

DwaejiTokkix3

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
Should I just let the little loading circle keep going and just be patient and wait to see what happens? Ughhh I'm so frustrated D:

joeiskool

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2010
to DwaejiTokkix3, if you restored your ipod to get rid of the jailbreak, apple wont know its jailbroken because its back to the factory settings and for all apple knows, the warranty is still there

bpooma

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
my itouch is doing the exact same thing as DwaejiTokkix3. i jailbroke it about a month ago with some stupid spirit thing and my friend said to use blackra1n. ho told me i was going to have to restore my ipod. but when its in the computer and i do it, it says apple is not able to restore this ipod. I've tried the whole holding home and sleep button, it just goes back to the apple with the little circle thing, the circle is completely white, but my itouch will not do anything else. its been on that screen for over 24 hours now. and sometimes it just blinks white, then just the apple shows. its driving me insane! what do i do!?? please please help!!!!

theman24

macrumors member
May 15, 2010
huck iPod up to computer, when the apple logo appears hold the home and sleep key till the iPod turns offleaving then still held down as soon as the iPod starts and u see apple logo let go of the power button whilst still holding down home key, if done correctly you should get itunes logo with usb connection on the touch's screen.

load iTunes it will say it detected a iPod in recovery mode simply click restore and eventually when its done you'll have a fully working 1.1.4 iPod (non-jailbroken)

Ummm I don't think you know how to spell *HOOK* right because you spelled it "huck"

theman24

macrumors member
May 15, 2010
I jailbroke my ipod and it was workin fine and I was installin stuff today and it froze and I reset it and now its stuck on the apple logo screen. i tried the restore thing and it doesnt work. HELP!

How about do the restore thing and when on itunes it gives you 2 options click "Set up as a new ipod" so that will remove everything and im pretty sure it will remove the jailbreak too. And after if you want to jailbreak it again (assuming you won't) You can.:D

Hope it helps you!!

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
WHAT A WASTE OF LIFE!
____
And im the one who argues over the dumbest things.

To the OP and people other then "theman24" who actually have a life and are actually supplying or demanding information from this resource, sorry for getting off topic.

theman24

macrumors member
May 15, 2010
And im the one who argues over the dumbest things.

To the OP and people other then "theman24" who actually have a life and are actually supplying or demanding information from this resource, sorry for getting off topic.

I did put something that accurately does tell how to do it and it also works so eat this liamkp:D:p

bonebreaker420

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2010
Itunes wont restore my ipod!!!!!!!!!!!

I jailbroke my ipod a month ago and it was working fine till just now so i went to the setytings and pressed the reset settings button and it was working fine then it would freeze even more so i hit the erase the ipod button and i waited till it had the apple logo frozen there :confused:and so i came on this website to get help and i saw that andybno1 new how to fix it so i did what he said to do and it was going great when it was restoring but when it was done downloading the files to my ipod it said that my ipod is not eligible for the build or something like that:mad:...........i need someones help please!!!

AppleEngineer1

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2011
Ipod Touch Jailbreak Crash

See, all u have to do is boot tether your ipod. no one likes to restore ipod, but you will have to if u dont want to do my solution.

MJDude1958

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2011
Thank you!!!!!!

Thank you soooo much andybno1. i was gonna go out and buy myself a new ipod at the weekend so now i can save up my money! i would not reccomend jailbreaking ipods but u can if u want. blackra1n didnt work for me but greenp0ison

I <3 :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.