Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
All the reviews I have seen talk about landscape usage. How is this case in portrait held with two hands? Is it comfortable?

vertigo78

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2008
A lot of people wont like the heft the case adds. Especially since in portrait mode the back of one side is thicker than the other because the case is designed to have an incline in landscape mode. I actually enjoy using the case in portrait mode. The extra heft makes it more comfortable to hold. Without the case I usually never rest my thumbs on the bezel but with the case on it, resting my thumbs on the bezel becomes a more natural position. Make sure the spine of the case rests on the right side. The flap can be folded so the spine can rest on both the left or right side but the case feels stirdier with the spine on the right side. Especially with the flap secured by the elastic band.

Although I suspect some won't agree with me. When I bought the case, I asked an Apple Store employee if I could take it out of the box and they were kind enough to let me. I'd suggest taking your iPad to test it out.

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Awesome, great feedback, thank you. I'll be heading to the apple store this weekend. I really hope they have the case in stock. My store is 75 miles away. Has anyone had any luck calling and having a case held at the store ?

A lot of people wont like the heft the case adds. Especially since in portrait mode the back of one side is thicker than the other because the case is designed to have an incline in landscape mode. I actually enjoy using the case in portrait mode. The extra heft makes it more comfortable to hold. Without the case I usually never rest my thumbs on the bezel but with the case on it, resting my thumbs on the bezel becomes a more natural position. Make sure the spine of the case rests on the right side. The flap can be folded so the spine can rest on both the left or right side but the case feels stirdier with the spine on the right side. Especially with the flap secured by the elastic band.

Although I suspect some won't agree with me. When I bought the case, I asked an Apple Store employee if I could take it out of the box and they were kind enough to let me. I'd suggest taking your iPad to test it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.