Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Very nice. Looks promising. I've always wanted a case that only covered the screen. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one when it becomes available.

Tobster3

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
South Korea

Jsn

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2008
Is it just me, or is there a big ol' sliver of exposed screen in the area next to the handle? Looks like it would leave about 15% of the screen unprotected. Is that so? And if so, is that an acceptable trade-off for anyone?

DNAppleGold

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2009
Definitely looks interesting and innovative. Would love to hear some actual users. I am concerned that there's a lot of taking the Ipad in and out to change settings. (Almost the opposite problem of the Apple case where it's impossible to take if you want to go naked. - BTW I like the Apple case).

eddy64

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
I have a question for BenthavenNews:
I curently have an iSkin Vu case on my iPad. I was wondering if this case would work with it on. The iSkin case adds some thickness so i was wondering if it would fit. I would love to buy one if it does, since the iSkin case doesnt have a stand. According to the website, the Vu is 1.75 mm thick.
Thanks!

EdvardGrieg

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
I just received mine yesterday, and it's heading right back. I thought the case looked promising too, and it's and interesting idea, but honestly the execution just wasn't there.

It is a nice soft touch plastic material which adds some nice tactile gripping to it, but beyond that I just wasn't thrilled.

The main piece that fits on the iPad itself is two pieces that slide into each other (they don't even snap tougher, just friction) which didn't seem real secure.

The other piece worked ok for holding the iPad either in horizontal viewing mode, or sliding the iPad into it to hold it like a book. However, putting it in the latte position made it very bulky.

Trying to use the case in 'typing' mode just didn't feel secure at all to me.

Then, flipping the second piece around as a protective 'she'll' was just pointless. Aside from the slit that leaves part of the screen unprotected, there is a gap between the second piece and the screen (maybe an inch?) which just made it feel loose and again not real solid.

I didn't bother trying the straps for over a seatback as that was never one of my desired uses.

Overall, it seems extremely expensive for a mediocre case at best, made at $20-$30 it would be a nice novelty, but not at $60.

It's already packed up, but if anyone is desperate for pics let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.