Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I have looked all over online and at a few friends cases but I cant seem to find the one for me.

a few cases i have seen have a few features I like, but its almost as if I need a hybrid of a few cases out there.

What I am looking for is a case thats a hybrid of the marware eco vue with the incase convertible book jacket.

I want something that has a fold over keyboard prop design like the incase, but with a hand slip strap like the eco vue/flip for standing and using the iPad.

I realize that the marware is almost exactly the case I want, but I don't like the "kickstand" style landscape prop. I think i would much prefer a fold over that props up. Something that would be good in landscape on a table or in your lap, but alos has that back strap to secure it in your hand for reading in portrait while standing.

Also, im not in love with the way they secure the ipad in either of those cases. I would prefer somthing a little minimal that just securely holds the corners.

am I missing something? does this case exist?

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I like the skin type cases but would really love a folio style that meets my needs. I just want a fold over design that props up the iPad in landscape for typing, like the apple case, the incase convertible etcs. But also with that slip in hand strap for holding it in portrait.

My dream case would have all this and the space to accommodate the iPad being in a skin type case so even if I slip it out of the folio I still have some grip.

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
ThermoPlastic Polyurethane

Personally, I like Total Protection Unit better.

As for lack of finding a case that fits you, be patient. Ipad is still fairly new. Soon enough everyone will be releasing a case in every configuration possible.

leeschill

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2009
Check out Quirky's crowdsourced product. Might not be what you're exactly looking for but maybe they'll do another crowdsource product sometime.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
I have resolved that there is no such thing as one "perfect" case. On different days I have different moods and need a case to suit that mood. Some days my 3g went naked, some days it had a Sena Slim sleeve, some days it had a Speck Candy Shell....yada...yada...yada..this went on and on until I had close to 20 cases for my 3G.

I'm trying to do better with my iP4. I have a Speck Candy Shell, a Apple Bumper and a Switcheasy Nude that I am rotating between....depending on my mood. I am doing everything within my power not to buy another case. It's an addiction. :cool:

Then again....I just might need an Otterbox Commuter...they are really nice. :D

Steve

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I'm using my Speck Candyshell until something else really catches my eye. I'm not sure anything will - i like that type of case for use on my bed at night. Time will tell, but i always check out the new ones and hope that they are in the realm of reality when it comes time to buying something.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
Still not seeing exactly what I am looking for

But DAAAAAANNGGG that clam case looks sexy. It's the iOS laptop. Freaking cool.

And I took a look at that quirky site. I'm not in,lve with the case, but now I'm in love with the site. I love that idea, very fresh.

Thanks for the help guys, I might not have found my case, but I sure have found some cool other stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.