Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mifre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
It says that there is an microphone on my iPod touch. In the earphones. I have an iPod touch (late 2009) with 32 GB. Can anyone tell me where the earphones is?

Earlier today, i wanted to use the app called "MusicID" to find an song, that was played in background on an YouTube video. But it couldn't find any song it says. Then i thought because I just didn't know where the microphone actualy is. I just sat with my earphones near to my speaker and nothing happened.

Help please?

Some words from
mifre

Mr Slippy IV

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Vail, AZ
On Apple Headphones With Remote and Mic, the microphone is located on the reverse of the remote directly under where the + and center buttons meet. It appears as a small and silvery perforated circle. The iPod touch, iPod Classic, iPod Shuffle, and iPod nano (4th generation or earlier) have no internal microphone and must use headphones containing a microphone or a standalone adapter. Apple Headphones With Remote for the iPod Shuffle do not contain a microphone.

Blackened

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
It's that thing on the right.

images

mifre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
On Apple Headphones With Remote and Mic, the microphone is located on the reverse of the remote directly under where the + and center buttons meet. It appears as a small and silvery perforated circle. The iPod touch, iPod Classic, iPod Shuffle, and iPod nano (4th generation or earlier) have no internal microphone and must use headphones containing a microphone or a standalone adapter. Apple Headphones With Remote for the iPod Shuffle do not contain a microphone.

It's that thing on the right.

images

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.