Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Becko

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Flash CS5 is giving me an error message "The FlashResource file is missing" I did some google investigation, this was the most accurate info I could find:

when the utility CleanMyMac clean the languages in excess, it will also delete (in my case, i'm Italian) it_IT.lproj folder, that is in /Applications/Adobe/Adobe Flash CS5/Adobe Flash CS5.app/Contents/Resources, and contain language strings, essentials for correctly function of Flash.

So yeah.. I too used CleanMyMac app and deleted italian language.. I don't know who is more guilty if flash programers for programming this way, or cleanMyMac app for not being able to recognize this kind of not-only-language folder... or maybe I'm guilty as well...

anyways... could someone please email me (zip) the file "it_IT.lproj folder" ? so I can re-install it back to its rightful place.

I don't know if is possible to duplicate a folder file though...

Thanks in advance

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
My Flash CS5 install doesn't have the Italian localization at all, just en_US.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-17 at 13.32.46.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-17 at 13.32.46.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 963

Becko

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
You are right is not italian but the "en_US.lproj" folder,

Finally I was able to fix the problem, one of my teachers passed me the folder "en_US.lproj" which contains the following 3 items: "Localized.rsrc" "mfc2pp.strings" and "workspace.strings"

So I restored the folder to its original location and now Flash is working back to normal and thankfully I didn't have to re-install it.

Although I have both CleanMyMac and Monolinguial apps, I guess it was my fault since while using Monolingual I only kept "English" language enabled from NOT being deleted, but I did removed the "English United States" language... my thought was, "why would I need two english languages ?" Anyway I learned my lesson with these proj files... and I'm so glad I didn't select any architecture to delete while using monolingual.

To be honest it is not a safe bet to use monolingual... how can someone know if a heavy app such as Flash is programmed this way... with strings files on languages folders ?

ice40i

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
you think theres any way you can email me that folder the exact same thing just happened to me i would be much appreciative and give you infinite internet points!!!

r.gonzalez40@mac.com

papernapkin

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
I'm having the exact same problem and the culprit must have been CleanMyMac as well. Do you think you could post that folder again? It seems the link above is dead now? I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!

Pilsbury1981

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2008
UK
Hi

I to have a problem like this. can open internet pages but the videos don't play? i have tried re installing flash from the adobe website but it just comes up Image data corrupted?

Is this the same thing? how do i solve it?

Thanks

algy!

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2010
Hi

I to have a problem like this. can open internet pages but the videos don't play? i have tried re installing flash from the adobe website but it just comes up Image data corrupted?

Is this the same thing? how do i solve it?

Thanks

No, we're talking about Flash Creative Studio. You can use it to create flash games, animations etc.

(Even though this is the wrong post). Does image data corrupted come up when your computer tries to mount the disk?

Sure. I'll do it later today. Sorry, I don't usually leave stuff in my public folder for too long at a time.

Thanks, please can you post the link!

RevBus

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2010
bump.. getting this error, could someone post a working link for the files CleanMyMac removes?

algy!

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2010
With a recent Flash update, I have no problems anymore! I'd recommend anyone with the same problem to update!

MacTasty

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2011
If you have a Time Machine backup you can just go back to before you used the language cleaner app and restore the Flash CS5.app file from there.

I was having the same problem after using Monolingual and this is how I fixed it.

Yoast

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2011
I'm very sorry to bump the thread like this, but I'd very much love having this resources file again. I too have fallen victim to monolingual. Once and never again.

EDIT: I went ahead and downloaded the Free Trial. It replaces the lost folder described above. I've also hosted the folder. It's EN-international nationalisation though, not italian. You can find it here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3018741/various/en_US.lproj.zip

If it goes offline because I (accidently) remove it and you need it, just send me an e-mail.

Last edited:

usa132

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
Sure. I'll do it later today. Sorry, I don't usually leave stuff in my public folder for too long at a time.

Thank you. My other hard drives/partitions are TARIDS, Mummy, and Sonic. All of the icons come from this set.

Hi BlueRevolution. Could you please reupload the language folder for CS5 flash. I need it for the same problem with FlashResources.

Cheers

aberling

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2007
Another one bites the dust...

I just did the same D#*n thing. I tried to find the files on my other Mac, but it doesn't show them in a search. Does anyone still have them? Could you post them..pleeeeeze with sugar on top?

:eek:)

Marquinhios

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2011
I just did the same D#*n thing. I tried to find the files on my other Mac, but it doesn't show them in a search. Does anyone still have them? Could you post them..pleeeeeze with sugar on top?

:eek:)

aberling, I reinstalled flash... no timemachine, no copy ********** files/folders

jacobtdodge

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2012
I'm very sorry to bump the thread like this, but I'd very much love having this resources file again. I too have fallen victim to monolingual. Once and never again.

EDIT: I went ahead and downloaded the Free Trial. It replaces the lost folder described above. I've also hosted the folder. It's EN-international nationalisation though, not italian. You can find it here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3018741/various/en_US.lproj.zip

If it goes offline because I (accidently) remove it and you need it, just send me an e-mail.

Could you pretty please repost files on drop box! :)

nb00581

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Just made the same stupid mistake of using monolingual without deselecting my Adobe apps! Could someone pleeease repost the above mentioned missing en_US.iproj files or mail them to me; would really really appreciate it! :confused:

boyciesdog

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2011
error message: "The FlashResource file is missing"

Could someone please repost this file. I'm in the same situation and I'm having issues downloading Flash through Adobe Air.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.