Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TangoG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
My Iphone is stuck on the lightning bolt/ battery screen. It has been charging for over 2 days now and nothing has happened. I tried resetting the phone and the lightning bolt/battery screen keeps popping up. I tried holding down the reset buttons and the bolt/battery screen keeps cycling on and off. Has this happened to anyone else?

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
Wouldn't that be cool if it actually were charging. :D

I've not heard of this problem before.
It may be a hardware problem. I would backup and restore. If that doesn't work, take it to apple and they'll probably give you a new one.

mgamber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
My Iphone is stuck on the lightning bolt/ battery screen. It has been charging for over 2 days now and nothing has happened. I tried resetting the phone and the lightning bolt/battery screen keeps popping up. I tried holding down the reset buttons and the bolt/battery screen keeps cycling on and off. Has this happened to anyone else?

Have you tried restoring it? If not, do that. If so, a trip to Apple is probably in order.

rnbguitar

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2010
nope!i guess it would be better if yo will go back to the store where you bought it and let them check it:)

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
If you have an iPhone 4, go into settings and turn on the "battery percentage," and then the percentage of charge will show up next to the battery icon. If it's at 95%, it will say 95%. If it's at 100%, it will say 100%. At that point, you will know whether the phone is actually charging to 100% and the software is screwed up, or whether the phone is not getting to 100% because there is a battery problem.

TangoG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Fixed it

Plugged it into the USB and it works. Thanks for all your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.