Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lvyelion

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
NL
Hmmm, my first thread on macrumors!

Hey guys, I was looking for a camera connection kit for iPad. Since it's not yet available in the Netherlands (will be tomorrow, though), I tried to search on eBay. This is what I found, it's another gadget from China, what's intersting is that it combines the usb and card reader. But I can't find any review on it so I'm very hesitate in buying one. Also the price is high at 39 GBP. Anybody got it yet?

"Newest designing for iPad
2 in 1 camera connection kit+card reader for iPad
With the iPad Camera Connection Kit, it's incredibly easy to download photos from your digital camera to your iPad so you can view them on the gorgeous iPad display and share them with family and friends.
The Camera Connector features a USB interface. Just plug it into the dock connector port on your iPad, then attach your digital camera or iPhone using a USB cable (not included).
Use the SD Card Reader to import photos directly from your camera's SD card. Connect it to your iPad, then insert your digital camera's SD card into the slot.
After you make the connection, your iPad automatically opens the Photos app, which lets you choose which pictures to import, then organizes the selected photos into albums. When you sync iPad to your PC or Mac, the photos on your iPad are added to your computer's photo library.
Support standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Newest-2-1-ca...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c1431703a

Attachments

• iPad-CameraKit.jpg
    iPad-CameraKit.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 169

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
$47 for this vs. $29 for the Apple one. I think I'll wait for my Apple connector to be shipped.

meechy

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
Hi there,

We http://www.cLik2buy.com are official resellers for iPad camera connection 2 in 1 kits. Its also available eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/New-iPad-Camera-SD-connection-2-1-Kit-not-MC531ZM-A-/200500300001?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eaebfc8e1

We are also offering Free worldwide shipping.

Please view the video demo of the new camera 2 in kit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_raEhXhZ8Jk

With the iPad 2 in 1 Camera Connection Kit, it's incredibly easy to download photos from your digital camera to your iPad.

With a slide of button, switch from USB to SD card reader mode and vice versa.. It cannot be easier than this..

So you can view them on the gorgeous iPad display and share them with family and friends. Its performs exactly like an apple camera kit. Actually its even better than the Original Apple camera connection Kit as you save hassle of carrying 2 connectors or misplace one of them.

Enjoy the latest technology.

Best Regards
cLik2buy Team

"official resellers" lol

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
$47 for this vs. $29 for the Apple one. I think I'll wait for my Apple connector to be shipped.
The Apple kit appeared this afternoon as available for in-store pickup at my local Best Buy. I retrieve it on the way home. No more wait for Apple to send me one!

Edit: And now, five hours later, it is no longer available!

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
I found some official iPad Camera Connection Kits in an Apple Store today, I think they are finally starting to catch up to demand. Bought one but haven't gotten to test it yet.

TheBritishBloke

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
United Kingdom
Ive checked two apple stores in two different countries, and a Dixons in the UK and they don't have any stock of the official ones, beginning to get on my nerves.

But I wouldn't pay more for one that is 2 in 1. I'd rather just carry around multiple adapters.

bassanoclapper

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
London
Ordered mine online last weekend and was expecting 3-4 weeks delivery time. Got an email yesterday saying it has been shipped. Looks like I'll get it early

Bet the ebayers will be keen to shift some stock before the Apple supply chain normalises

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Bet the ebayers will be keen to shift some stock before the Apple supply chain normalises
I had a chance to pick up a second Apple kit a day or two ago, but when I checked the completed listings at eBay, it looked to me like the excitement has already fallen off. They were mostly selling for near the Apple retail price. By the time eBay and PayPal fees would be paid, it wouldn't have been worth the trouble to try to resell it, so I passed.

Grumbo

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
Personally, I would prefer a CF card version.

I have been looking everywhere for definitive card readers that will actually work on the IPad when hooked up to the USB connector in the Apple Camera Kit. I went in to a local store today with a 4 Gig CF card, my IPad, and bought two and stood at the counter as they have a 30 day return policy. I tried the first Ultra reader. It required too much power and wouldn't work. The second was a Lexar Professional UDMA reader. It reads CF and SD in combination. It was $39 Cdn, and very well made, unlike most card readers I've owned. Worked like a treat showing 3 Gig of photos. Bought it and happy with the find. Returned the Ultra and good to go.

Cheers,
Grumbo

Gravedigger:n A

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2010
The iPad 2 camera connection kit gives you the ability to transfer pics or videos to your iPad from your camera or iPhone through the USB connector or SD card reader. I tested the USB connector with a Kodak camera and a Flip video camera and I was one time able to transfer pics and videos directly from the camera to the iPad. One time I plugged the camera in, the iPad automatically started the app needed to make the transfer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.