Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LePigeonBleu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
San Diego
Hey!

I've got an iPhone 3G with bootloader 5.09. I know that is not able to be unlocked, and that's exactly what I would like to do with it.

Is there a way to unlock my iPhone 3G with that bootloader?

Thanks,

Mark

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
I have 5.09 and yellowsn0w works fine for me...

It works fine for you because you don't have the latest firmware (2.2.1). You have 2.2 which its baseband is 2.28. If you update your iPhone you won't be able to software unlock it until the dev team get something for boot loader 5.09 and later.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
Im Hoping once 3.0 is officially released, we will see them release something.

meremeremere

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2010
Just got a phone today (used, as a gift) that has a 5.09 bootloader. I have jailbroken it with redsnow, and tried the fuzzyband thing and alas, no luck...

So, as this post is now a year old, have there been any developments? Are there any ways to unlock these phones 3.1.3 with 5.12.01 band and 5.09 bootloader?

many many thanks to anyone that can help!!

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Just got a phone today (used, as a gift) that has a 5.09 bootloader. I have jailbroken it with redsnow, and tried the fuzzyband thing and alas, no luck...

So, as this post is now a year old, have there been any developments? Are there any ways to unlock these phones 3.1.3 with 5.12.01 band and 5.09 bootloader?

many many thanks to anyone that can help!!

Why bring up a year old thread?
No, fuzzyband doesnt downgrade a 5.09 bootloader.
There will be an unlock in short time for the latest basebands, just hang in there for another month or so.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
Hey!

I've got an iPhone 3G with bootloader 5.09. I know that is not able to be unlocked, and that's exactly what I would like to do with it.

Is there a way to unlock my iPhone 3G with that bootloader?

Thanks,

Mark

The rumor is that dev-team has exploits for the new bootloader but decided against releasing it for 3.1.3 as it only fixed a stupid battery reporting bug. Some in the community have felt Apple tries to goad dev-team into releasing hacks to lock up OS4.

Now that the iPhone 4G and it's OS 4.0 is out, there's a good chance that unlocks for the 3.1.3 and it's 5.09 bootloader will be released.

angmoloco

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
crackhead

Truly, I feel like an addict.
Like many I have been shut down my the .mac restore problem and waiting seems like being in a technological prison - seriously. I am using my nokia from about 10 years ago instead of my beloved 3gs. I am not going to ask when the unlock will be realeased, I just want to say that I hope, soon, it will happen.......:D:eek::(:eek::mad::rolleyes::apple::p:cool:

vldvldx

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Hi guys. Today I had to unlock an iPhone 3g; 3.1.3 with bootloader 5.09 and baseband 5.12.01 and succeeded!

1. Jailbreak with Pwnagetool 3.1.5
2. Go to Cydia and UPDATE IT!!!!!!
3. add repo666.ultrasn0w.com to your sources
4. install ultrasn0w and reboot.
5. change sim when phone is on and you are done.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO UPDATE CYDIA, DO NOT IGNORE THE UPDATE PROMPT BECAUSE I DID AND COULD NOT UNLOCK PHONE UNTIL I UPDATED CYDIA.

douflag

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Hi guys. Today I had to unlock an iPhone 3g; 3.1.3 with bootloader 5.09 and baseband 5.12.01 and succeeded!

1. Jailbreak with Pwnagetool 3.1.5
2. Go to Cydia and UPDATE IT!!!!!!
3. add repo666.ultrasn0w.com to your sources
4. install ultrasn0w and reboot.
5. change sim when phone is on and you are done.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO UPDATE CYDIA, DO NOT IGNORE THE UPDATE PROMPT BECAUSE I DID AND COULD NOT UNLOCK PHONE UNTIL I UPDATED CYDIA.

Wow...you're about a month late.

fjaff

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
I have an Iphone 3g, it was working perfectly after jailbreaking it with Spirit, then used ultrasn0w 0.93 to unlock. I could make calls, send texts etc using any sim card. Then I turned the phone off, when I turned it back on, all the signal bars were gone, so I cant make or receive calls anymore. Anyone know why that happened? This is frustrating!!!

Baseband: 3.1.3
Bootloader: 06.04

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.