Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

judesign

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Hey guys I've searched exhaustively and maybe there is no solution yet for this problem but when I take a picture with my iphone it might or might not show up in places. I've tried toggling location services, restarting the phone, etc.. nothing seems to help. Any suggestions? Thanks

doctordowling

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Hey guys I've searched exhaustively and maybe there is no solution yet for this problem but when I take a picture with my iphone it might or might not show up in places. I've tried toggling location services, restarting the phone, etc.. nothing seems to help. Any suggestions? Thanks

I had this same problem, here's how I fixed it: Go to Settings->General->Reset-> and reset "Location Warnings".

Make sure your Camera and Photos are both closed from the multitasking tray and then start them up, and allow the location prompt. Then when you take a picture, you will notice that it doesnt automatically show up in "places". This is a bug in iOS4. You actually have to kill the apps by closing them in the multitasking tray and when you start them up again you will see that they are in the places window!

unlimitedx

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
I had this same problem, here's how I fixed it: Go to Settings->General->Reset-> and reset "Location Warnings".

Make sure your Camera and Photos are both closed from the multitasking tray and then start them up, and allow the location prompt. Then when you take a picture, you will notice that it doesnt automatically show up in "places". This is a bug in iOS4. You actually have to kill the apps by closing them in the multitasking tray and when you start them up again you will see that they are in the places window!

Great tip! I have been restarting my iphone, didn't know closing app in multitask bar would do the trick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.