Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MorganK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
Since yesterday afternoon my mail has not been working on my iPhone 4. It will not load any new messages, just keeps spinning and saying checking for mail. Any suggestions?

Krayzie116

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2010
Since yesterday afternoon my mail has not been working on my iPhone 4. It will not load any new messages, just keeps spinning and saying checking for mail. Any suggestions?
have you tried to delete you mail account and re-adding it?

MorganK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
have you tried to delete you mail account and re-adding it?

I just did and still not working.

It is my Gmail account that will not load anything new. My Me one is fine (although rarely used so I didn't realize that until a few moments ago).

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
my school exchange mail stopped working 2 days ago, i can get messages but it wont send, ill let u know if i can fix it

ChrisSD

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
San Diego
I have the same issue with my mail. Push notifications don't seem to work as well as 3.x OS. It has to be a bug with 4.0.1. Rebooting does fix it but it gets annoying.

Es Paul

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010
I'm having the same problem. I deleted the yahoo account then re-installed it. That worked for a day. Now I'm having the same problem again. Push is not working. Whenever I go to my yahoo account, only then does it receive mail. The only problem I have with this phone.

Kuroth1

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2010
Same issue here but on my Itouch... Yahoo mail was working until about 3 or 4 days ago.. Now just sits there saying "Checking Mail"

I noticed Yahoo has an App for the Ipod for Yahoo mail.. Anyone try the App?? What is the difference between using this App and just setting up your default Email to Yahoo???

Wilcha

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
Mine does this every once in a while or just loads blank messages. To fix it, all I do is go to the app drawer and close mail from multitasking. Usually fixes any problem I have with mail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.