Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacJames8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
I bought a PadPal convertible case from TrendyDigital and I must be on their mailing list now. Anyways, I got an email from them about a new case for the iPad. It is called "Dimension."
It looks very cool. It supports both portrait and landscape orientation. You can also use it either as a frame case or jacket case.

Check out the youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSJkjvHgEQc

Portrait View Stand
TD072BLK.jpg

Landscape View Stand
TD072BLK_01.jpg

Enjoy!

MacJames8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
This case looks very interesting. It looks nicer than the ZooGue case. Nobody has any comments on it?

MacJames8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
These two cases have similar outlooks. However, from the video review and information at trendydigital.com, the construction and functionality are quite different. The " Dimension" case can be used as a frame case. It can also be used as a jacket case. It supports multi-viewing angles in both landscape and portrait orientations. It is a much more versatile case for your money.
TD072BLK_02.jpg
frame case
TD072BLK_03.jpg
jacket case

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
The video was probably one of the worst reviews I've ever watched. The reviewer was trying too hard to be funny, and just ended up sounding stupid. I pretty much stop watch the video right after the Velcro and the blood-sucking marshmallow.

As for the case, as mentioned, it looks like a cross between the v2 and v3 Yoobao cases, but with a twist. The twist being the detachable Velcro part. I can see how some may like this, but i'm not a fan.

MacJames8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
I don’t blame you. Different people have different tastes of humor. For me, I prefer a little light heartedness. I found it perfectly acceptable in this video review. Beyond that, I see this product is more an Incase convertible case on steroids, not really a Yoobao case ( if you finish the video and see how the case works). It accommodates the portrait viewing by using this attachment mechanism.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Actually, the detachable part will put this on my list of possibilities. Detached it would work best for me at night, but the others might work on the go.

I would have to wonder if there is a way to do something similar without the velcro - some sort of "thing" that it pivots on?

jiankun34

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
Looks like a great concept and a well constructed case. Does anyone have this case? I have a trendydigital waterproof case for the ipad, I am wondering whether the iPad with the frame case can be slid directly into my waterproof case. If i can do that, I might consider getting one.

MacJames8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Actually, the detachable part will put this on my list of possibilities. Detached it would work best for me at night, but the others might work on the go.

I would have to wonder if there is a way to do something similar without the velcro - some sort of "thing" that it pivots on?

I also like the fact that the frame case can be easily attached or detached to the jacket cover. This transforming ability makes this case unique and versatile.
As for the "thing", I am wondering that too.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I also like the fact that the frame case can be easily attached or detached to the jacket cover. This transforming ability makes this case unique and versatile.
As for the "thing", I am wondering that too.

I'm thinking something like the EB Cases locking nub..... Hmmm, wonder if they have iPad cases?

Fortunately for me, i'm not in a position to buy anything right now - so by the time i can, here is hoping there will be even MORE to pick from!

MacJames8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Fortunately for me, i'm not in a position to buy anything right now

I am at the same boat here. However, I finds that I always get some excuses to spend money for the next thing at the moment. In fact, I am currently after a bag that I can carry both the iPad ( sitting in my TrendyDigital PadPal case) and the Apple BT Keyboard. Life goes on!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.