Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mirai 11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
http://www.oddsandpods.co.uk/apple-...k-stand-bracket-p-805.html?m1track=googlebase

Its just about what i'd want to have for a stand, but i'm wondering if anyone if anyone else has this? i've been looking round but found no reviews.
Now, its similar to the LUXA2 H4 Stand:
http://www.luxa2.com/media_detail.aspx?s=26

But, and i may be speaking for the small silent majority, but i dont like the 6 small holders to hold it in place. I can imagine trying to type from a Bluetooth keyboard and they'd just annoy me lol. The Aluminium stand doesn't have these, but, this stand can be highered or lowered.

Just wanted to see if anyone knew of that stand, and, as a bonus at all, their experiences with the H4 stand?

Thanks.

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
I wonder if that odds and pods stand will be available in the US and I also wonder just how adjustable the angle really is?

I like this one better than the Luxa with all those pegs protruding. ;)

Nice find!

Mirai 11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
I wonder if that odds and pods stand will be available in the US and I also wonder just how adjustable the angle really is?

Nice find!

I'm glad i'm not the only one!
I can't find anything on it, no YouTube videos, nothing on Flickr, so there's no way to tell.. unless i take a punt and purchase it..

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
It's a lot nicer looking than the Luxa in my opinion as well. I'll be interested to see if it's eventually carried elsewhere.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010

Nice find!

Your avatar sometimes makes me do a double take.

If I see it out of the corner of my eye, it looks like something is moving on my screen. Startled me more than once.

Thanks.

TheBritishBloke

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
United Kingdom
That looks like a very nice stand indeed... Great price, and it's pretty darn sexy 8]

I'll see how the included plastic stand with my switcheasy nude plays out first 8]

littlegreenyoda

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2009
i bought this and it came with a free clear case.

have not used it yet as my dad got me a Luxa ipad stand and i prefer that coz i feel safer with it as it doesnt seems to be able to scratch my ipad corners.

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
Hard to think it's worth a stand for the iPad...I think rarely will something like this be needed.

AndyLpool

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
Sorry, don't want to argue on my first post but you may rarely have a use but I use it every day. Bought it a couple of weeks ago and I adore it. Watching films in bed and using it when I type emails or messages.

The fit is excellent. Used this site a few times since I bought it, not sure how they are so cheap but genuine apple products on there as well. I don't ask questions, it's probably robbed!

The stand itself looks pretty damn good as well and much better than the ****** dock that wobbles every time you touch the screen and can only do portrait.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Hard to think it's worth a stand for the iPad...I think rarely will something like this be needed.

As AndyLpool said, perhaps you wouldn't use it, but many others will. To date, I have three different stands for the iPad, and it's in one or the other many times a day. While I love being able to just carry it about handheld, for any serious work, it's often more useful to have it propped at various heights or angles. For our household, I can see using something like this as a semi-permanent installation in my kitchen, where we often use an iPad for apps like Epicurious.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
This is so different from the Luxa. The Luxa can be used with cases and even other similarily sized products. Totally swivels all over the place whereas this one will tilt a bit but one must tighten a screw?

I love my Luxa h4.

AndyLpool

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
This is so different from the Luxa. The Luxa can be used with cases and even other similarily sized products. Totally swivels all over the place whereas this one will tilt a bit but one must tighten a screw?

I love my Luxa h4.

This can swivel and tilt as well. You just move it to landscape or portrait and can easily change the angles. No need to touch any screws.

Not so bothered about the case thing, I never use a case for mine, just a padded wallet. I hate cases on iphones or ipads, I prefer to see them in all their glory.

PadStand

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2010
This can swivel and tilt as well. You just move it to landscape or portrait and can easily change the angles. No need to touch any screws.

Not so bothered about the case thing, I never use a case for mine, just a padded wallet. I hate cases on iphones or ipads, I prefer to see them in all their glory.

What is more important in a stand?

Loads of angles, features, etc but cumbersome, heavy & expensive

OR

Simple operation, one angle, etc but Lightweight, quick in-out & cheap?

p.s. My kids use my iPad and stand every day...

YouTube Video

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.