Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applekiwipeach

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
When the screen is locked and a phone call comes through, the screen only shows "slide to answer". I know I can ignore it or mute it, but how to reject it?

Sorry if it's a stupid question. I've been using my lovely phone for 3 weeks and this question JUST occurred to me today. lol

Thanks!

Pepper Pot

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2009
When the screen is locked and a phone call comes through, the screen only shows "slide to answer". I know I can ignore it or mute it, but how to reject it?

Sorry if it's a stupid question. I've been using my lovely phone for 3 weeks and this question JUST occurred to me today. lol

Thanks!

I think you press the Sleep/Wake button, but I can't be certain.
I'm sure someone can confirm this:)

EDIT: Damn you -aggie-!!! :D

teezee09

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2008
Press the sleep/ wake button twice. This sends the call to voicemail and ends the incoming call immediately.

Pressing it once will just silence the call

ngrimes-2010

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
To silence it you can also hit the up or down volume buttons. Figured this out on accident the other day :)

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

While this thread has fallen into endless rubbish, I'm just asking if this will work on my iPod touch to ignore calls?

I just FaceTimed my iPad and yes, Click power button once to mute call, click twice to end call, I'm assuming the iPod touch is the same as the iPad.

evilblob

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I wasn't actually being serious, but thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.