Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cherylzyx

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Does anyone know how to help me with this problem? Can you think of a work around for the black gradient at the bottom? I'm using PS Elements 6.

qsp7r7.jpg

chembox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
Does anyone know how to help me with this problem? Can you think of a work around for the black gradient at the bottom? I'm using PS Elements 6.

qsp7r7.jpg
That image is too bright to work on, plus, how are you eyes not burnt?

Ollie N

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2009

qsp7r7.jpg

LOL, it's white but not THAT bright. How about this one?
nxjt0.jpg
[/IMG]

THis is part of the iPhone OS there is no stopping it (that I know of) It does that to prevent burning in screens I think. It does not do that on darker wallpapers

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
Is this myth busted? I tried photoshopping a 50% and 25% opacity bar at the top of the wallpaper but there was no change at all. A transparent status bar is definitely sexy so if it is possible, I want it!

EDIT: NOT BUSTED BUT PROVED. I didn't see the "iPhone Title Bar Remover" link. It works! My wallpaper wasn't even that dark.

chembox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
myth-busted.jpg

Is this myth busted? I tried photoshopping a 50% and 25% opacity bar at the top of the wallpaper but there was no change at all. A transparent status bar is definitely sexy so if it is possible, I want it!
Use the PSD posted earlier, and it only works for darkish images.

TechIsCool

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
Yah Bright Images would never work well against a light background since the thing we are trying to remove is darker than white

TechIsCool

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
you change the topic so much that the original is lost... go create your own thread or PM the person you wanted to ask...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.