Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mungai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
New Zealand
Hey,
Recently on my mac, the font on google has changed by itself?? i thought it mightve been the preferences but theyre the standard ones times and courier.. so i downloaded firefox and its also happening on google on that too...
but when i was downloading firefox i noticed it changed the font on the mozilla site too..
any ideas???
(as i was uploading a picture for you to see on photo bucket, the font has also changed on that S:)
http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/...ew&current=Screenshot2010-03-27at110319AM.png

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
That's an asian-language font (at least, it looks like how many Asian-language fonts render Roman characters.) Check your localization settings.

Also, check and make sure you're not using a custom CSS filter in your browser's preferences.

msevild

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
Schaumburg
That usually is indicative of a font interfering with the normal system fonts. Have you installed any new fonts lately or any new programs that might add fonts to your system? The easiest way I've been able to figure out which fonts it might be is by opening the font book application and seeing if that tells you if there is another font that is interfering with a system font, or to use activity monitor and have it check the open files for safari and to see what fonts are being used when that web page is loaded. Let me know how that works out.

kimmumm

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
Msevild, I'm experiencing exactly the problem described by you, and it is the same font as Mungai is having trouble with. I downloaded the font today, and I instantly noticed the change on Google.

However, when I have located the font (Alien) causing the conflict with the system font (Arial) what do i then do?

I hope someone can help, fonts is a dead serious thing for me.

kimmumm

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
I only wondered whether there was a way to save my arial font, but ok then, i guess not..

flyguy206

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2008
What you want to do is go into your user account then go to library go into your fonts folder delete the font. Then open your font book and create a new collection and put the font in there. It should work then. And if it does not work do the same thing but insted go in threw the hard drive. And make sure you back the font back up before you delete it.

kimmumm

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
I deleted my Arial font family, and thus recovered the 'non-corrupted' file from my time-capsule. It seems to be working.

Flyguy206, thank you a lot, it was very kind of you!

Best regards Kim :)

Trudijane

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2009
The font in my google search window has gotten tiny!

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the problem you are talking about, but when the search window appears in Google - the text that I type out to search has gotten very small. I don't know why it has changed.

I did download google chrome, but I'm not sure if it's related to that. I tried preferences in F/F but it has nothing to do with the font in the google search box.

Anybody?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.