Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aliencowboy69

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Basically I'm looking for an app that will let me create a table ( say 5 columns and 6 rows ) to use as a timesheet for my work. I use my iPad for nearly everything now, but still have to power up my lap top every day for keeping track of my hours. I don't want to spend time and money buying apps only to find that they do everything ever needed apart from what I need from them, as that could be costly.

So does anyone know of a good app that would allow me to do this?:confused:

Aliencowboy69

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Have you tried Numbers?

Had a quick look there and could probably do the trick I hope, but doesn't really get good reviews. I'll wait and see if there are any suggestions before I decide if I will buy it or not,
Thanks for the help. ;)

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
Do you have a Mac as well? Have you tried using iWork before? Numbers will allow you to open and edit files made on your Mac, and even work on Excel files.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
There is at least a dozen apps that track your time. I have used none of them. Search for timesheet, hour tracker, etc. Number is basically Excel lite so it is a good way to go.

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Numbers is an excellent choice, the reviews are too hard, people expect Numbers for iPad to be exactly as it is for Mac.

TOYSTER17

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
Most of those negative reviews are because of not being able to export to Excel. Even with that, I definitely recommend it. Awesome app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.