Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hrothgar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
New York
A few days ago, I was able to rearrange the icons onto different pages. Now, I press and icon until they jiggle, but when I try to slide them to a different page, they just bounce back. I'm guessing that I turned something off, but can't find anything in settings for this. Any ideas?

Don Kosak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Hilo, Hawaii
Hmm, haven't had that happen. I don't believe there is an option to lock the position of icons.

As an experiment, why don't you try moving the icons using iTunes.

Plug your iPad in, click on it in iTunes, then click on the Apps tab. You can drag and drop apps with your mouse to any page you want. Then click Apply (or Sync) to save the change to your iPad.

If they still don't move, the you might try powering all the way off (by pressing and holding the menu and power button until the red "slide to power off" switch appears.)

Good luck. Let us know if you figure out what happened.

cakbar

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
With my iPod Touch, I'm able to quickly slide the icons from one page to another. However, when I first got my iPad I was trying to quickly slide the apps from page to page and most of the time they were bouncing back. Somebody advised me to hold the app at the edge of the page, rather than trying to swipe it quickly. It worked.
Also, if you still can't do it, and you need to move some apps, clear a couple of spaces on the bottom bar and use that to move apps from page to page. This actually works great if you have a lot of app rearranging to do. Just clear the bottom bar of all the apps and you can move 6 at a time, without having to go back and forth.

mnh1126

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
With my iPod Touch, I'm able to quickly slide the icons from one page to another. However, when I first got my iPad I was trying to quickly slide the apps from page to page and most of the time they were bouncing back. Somebody advised me to hold the app at the edge of the page, rather than trying to swipe it quickly. It worked.
Also, if you still can't do it, and you need to move some apps, clear a couple of spaces on the bottom bar and use that to move apps from page to page. This actually works great if you have a lot of app rearranging to do. Just clear the bottom bar of all the apps and you can move 6 at a time, without having to go back and forth.

Thanksforthis reply!! It worked! I was def tryna move them over too fast.

Thanks!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.