Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
I cannot find tmobile_us.bundle in the Carrier Bundles folder. Is this the reason why my Facetime would not activate? it stuck on "waiting for activation"

or could the US version of tmobile under a different name? I have tmobile_at, tmobile_bg...etc but no _us so i'm not sure how i can modify the plist.

Please help me. Thank you.

I believe those other TMobile_at, _bg, _cz are for different countries so you probably shouldn't put it there heh.

But frankly speaking I am not sure about T-Mobile and this commcenter hack. I'll look into that but don't hold your breath

Diode

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
I don't believe facetime will work with t-mobile (or any unsupported carriers for that matter). I think it might be rejecting / confusing the SMS being sent out from Apple's gateway.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
Did you turn tethering on under settings in the iphone? Do you have a old profile installed under network settings on the phone?

I have Carrier AT&T 7.0 if that's what you mean. I didn't do anything but install and run the DEB file through Terminal on my mac, Reboot, then installed the modified carrier.plist. Is there anything else to do with the Carrier File?

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
I have Carrier AT&T 7.0 if that's what you mean. I didn't do anything but install and run the DEB file through Terminal on my mac, Reboot, then installed the modified carrier.plist. Is there anything else to do with the Carrier File?

Have you reset network settings after installing the carrier.plist?

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
Have you reset network settings after installing the carrier.plist?

Yes I have. I went in and installed and overwrited the carrier.plist with the downloaded one again and reset network settings just to see if it would work and it still doesnt. Does the DEB create the internet tethering option and the carrier.plist to be able to use it? I turned on USB without it being connected, then connected it and still nothing.

vanrra

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
I cant install de patch...the following is shown after executing the "dpkg -i /var/tmp/ccp401_1.1-3_wortel.deb" command. Please help!!!!

/private/var/tmp$ dpkg -i /var/tmp/ccp401_1.1-3_wortel.deb
Selecting previously deselected package cocenosig401.
(Reading database ... 956 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking cocenosig401 (from .../tmp/ccp401_1.1-3_wortel.deb) ...
Setting up cocenosig401 (1.1-3) ...
CommCenter Patch by wortel
CommCenter Firmware iPhone2,1_4.0.1_8A306 found
CommCenter already changed
dpkg: error processing cocenosig401 (--install):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
uninstall old patch first
stopping install
Errors were encountered while processing:
cocenosig401

Diode

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
Yes I have. I went in and installed and overwrited the carrier.plist with the downloaded one again and reset network settings just to see if it would work and it still doesnt. Does the DEB create the internet tethering option and the carrier.plist to be able to use it? I turned on USB without it being connected, then connected it and still nothing.

Goto Settings->General->Network->Internet Tethering and flip the switch to on. It should be off by default.

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
I cant install de patch...the following is shown after executing the "dpkg -i /var/tmp/ccp401_1.1-3_wortel.deb" command. Please help!!!!

/private/var/tmp$ dpkg -i /var/tmp/ccp401_1.1-3_wortel.deb
Selecting previously deselected package cocenosig401.
(Reading database ... 956 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking cocenosig401 (from .../tmp/ccp401_1.1-3_wortel.deb) ...
Setting up cocenosig401 (1.1-3) ...
CommCenter Patch by wortel
CommCenter Firmware iPhone2,1_4.0.1_8A306 found
CommCenter already changed
dpkg: error processing cocenosig401 (--install):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
uninstall old patch first
stopping install
Errors were encountered while processing:
cocenosig401

Hm looks like your commcenter is already patched o_O

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
Goto Settings->General->Network->Internet Tethering and flip the switch to on. It should be off by default.

Lol, I did that, I even turned it on then connected my phone, I even turned on BT and my Mac's BT and they don't even recognize each other. I've reset network settings a lot and I still don't know whats going on. I'm restoring and trying again. Hopefully the third time is a charm.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
Lol, I did that, I even turned it on then connected my phone, I even turned on BT and my Mac's BT and they don't even recognize each other. I've reset network settings a lot and I still don't know whats going on. I'm restoring and trying again. Hopefully the third time is a charm.

Also make sure you have the latest version of itunes and Mac OSX. I noticed in the other thread you mentioned the first time you got errors and the second time you got the reboot message.

You should reboot after you get that message as that means the patch was successful. Then after reboot you should install the carrier.plist file. Just to make sure, your on AT&T correct?

Diode

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
I have a 3GS...Is it safe to restore and jailbreakme.com again afterwards??

Try one thing before you restore. Did you unlock your phone? Perhaps that is screwing up the patch. If so then there is another thread here on how to get this working without further patching anything.

If not then try replacing your CommCenter with this CommCenter (Already patched 3GS by Wortel)

Run ldid -s CommCenter in the command line, reboot, and start at step 9.

Otherwise restoring will work. Something had modified the original commcenter. You should be fine for now as Apple has not patched the jailbreakme exploit yet.

Mike2128

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
the process worked for me no problem, but the Network Settings menu still shows "Set Up Internet Tethering"

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
the process worked for me no problem, but the Network Settings menu still shows "Set Up Internet Tethering"

Did you check you uploaded the correct carrier.plist and NOT the one you backed-up? (I did this stupid thing the first time)

Also, did you reset network settings?

Mike2128

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
Did you check you uploaded the correct carrier.plist and NOT the one you backed-up? (I did this stupid thing the first time)

Also, did you reset network settings?

Yes and yes. Trying another network settings reset now.

edit: that did it.

So USB tethering works. iPad through Bluetooth does not work, correct?

Diode

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
Yes and yes. Trying another network settings reset now.

If that doesn't work you can manually get the slider to appear by editing

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.MobileInternetSharing.plist

And changing

HTML:
<key>State</key>
<integer>1020</integer>

to

HTML:
<key>State</key>
<integer>1023</integer>

However it will divert to the original form (Setup Internet Tethering) if the carrier.plist is not properly installed.

vanrra

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
Try one thing before you restore. Did you unlock your phone? Perhaps that is screwing up the patch. If so then there is another thread here on how to get this working without further patching anything.

If not then try replacing your CommCenter with this CommCenter (Already patched 3GS by Wortel)

Run ldid -s CommCenter in the command line, reboot, and start at step 9.

Otherwise restoring will work. Something had modified the original commcenter. You should be fine for now as Apple has not patched the jailbreakme exploit yet.

Thanks for the response, but i have already started the restoring process...

Regarding the Unlock..the answer is Yes, I also had the WhiteSn0w unlock. Anyway, it is not clear to me, Should I do the unlock after, before or not at all?

PD: My Carrier is COMCEL, I am in Colombia. Is there any difference in the codes from carrier.plist file ?

Diode

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
Thanks for the response, but i have already started the restoring process...

Regarding the Unlock..the answer is Yes, I also had the WhiteSn0w unlock. Anyway, it is not clear to me, Should I do the unlock after, before or not at all?

PD: My Carrier is COMCEL, I am in Colombia. Is there any difference in the codes from carrier.plist file ?

I'm not sure if this will work with the unlock or not. You could try - I'd do this hack first and ensure you keep a virgin copy of your commcenter and all other files you edit.

Then do the official dev team unlock and see what happens. If it fails you know they won't work together ;) and just replacing the commcenter with your backed copy will save you from a restore.

If your ok with editing a bunch of files then look at this thread with getting tethering working after unlocking your phone and just ignore this thread :p

vanrra

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
I'm not sure if this will work with the unlock or not. You could try - I'd do this hack first and ensure you keep a virgin copy of your commcenter and all other files you edit.

Then do the official dev team unlock and see what happens. If it fails you know they won't work together ;) and just replacing the commcenter with your backed copy will save you from a restore.

If your ok with editing a bunch of files then look at this thread with getting tethering working after unlocking your phone and just ignore this thread :p

OK. I have finished the restore and I am about to start the whole process again..any suggestions so I don't mess up again?

Diode

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
OK. I have finished the restore and I am about to start the whole process again..any suggestions so I don't mess up again?

Keep a copy of everything you change (before you change it) so you don't need to restore if something goes wrong. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.