Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaiden

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
Hi, I have just noticed a weird problem with my ipod touch. It is not displaying any songs or videos, instead just a message saying "No Content - You can download content from iTunes". I have never had this problem before, and it is worrying me. In iTunes, it is definitely reporting that there is songs on my ipod, but all of a sudden they just aren't showing up. A couple of days ago, all my songs were working fine, now all of a sudden they're not???

If I do a restore, will it delete my progress on games/saved stuff on other apps?

Since the ipod was only 2.0.1, i thought that maybe upgrading to 2.0.2 would work, but, unfortunately it did not.

Does anyone know why this strangeness is happening

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
Hi, I have just noticed a weird problem with my ipod touch. It is not displaying any songs or videos, instead just a message saying "No Content - You can download content from iTunes". I have never had this problem before, and it is worrying me. In iTunes, it is definitely reporting that there is songs on my ipod, but all of a sudden they just aren't showing up. A couple of days ago, all my songs were working fine, now all of a sudden they're not???

If I do a restore, will it delete my progress on games/saved stuff on other apps?

Since the ipod was only 2.0.1, i thought that maybe upgrading to 2.0.2 would work, but, unfortunately it did not.

Does anyone know why this strangeness is happening

Yeah it happens to me, I've been to the Genius bar twice trying to fix this. But, they claim its hardware related. They won't admit that it's a software issue. I did find a fix that I'm trying out. You will need to do a full restore and lose your game saves etc. but it's worth it if it works. You can find the fix here:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/app...n-iphone-app-crashing-how-to-downgrade-itunes

Apple discussion forum here:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7917930#7917930

I'm trying this on a pc and so far so good.

Jaiden

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
great. now my iphones doing it to. even more annoying is that, like others, all my 3rd party apps are crashing!!!! wtf? I'm gonna have to wait till a patch is realeased, because I am not willing to lose all game progress. To do that, I would have to get steve jobs to pay me back my time (spent playing/wasting time on these games to get where I am), which is impossible.

Sorry if I come across as an apple hater or anything, I love apple, but recently they seem to be becoming more like microsh*t every day, in a way.

- Jaiden

GrapeApe222

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2010
My fix was much easier.

I had the same problem listed where my IPod Touch was showing no songs even though there wer 5 gigs worth of songs and audio books. I happened right after I synced a new book. After messing with the thing for 30 min taking everything off and putting it back on I tried adding a new playlist. Adding a new playlist fixed everything.

-Hope maybe this will work for you and I did not loose any game saves!

OrganMusic

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2008
Chicago
All my music disappeared the other day after i downloaded some podcasts. I got an "updating library" message and after that I had only podcasts. But next time I synced it everything was back to normal. I wondered if it was because the memory was full and the new downloads weren't handled correctly.

Mugwumper

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
Temecula, CA
Similar situation for me

All my music disappeared the other day after i downloaded some podcasts. I got an "updating library" message and after that I had only podcasts. But next time I synced it everything was back to normal. I wondered if it was because the memory was full and the new downloads weren't handled correctly.

I'm not sure what's going on, but this has happened to me as well recently.
And after I synched a few more times (added some podcasts and updated
some song info), all is well. At one point, I got a message, "Verifying xxx
iPod Touch" - never saw that before.

I'm down to 2GB free on a 64GB Touch - is this considered "full"?

I did notice that some older podcasts never got transferred over from my
previous iPod Photo (still in iTunes), and also had some music videos that
wouldn't play, so maybe I had some file incompatibility or corruption that
was fixed with the new files?

Kinda weird, but it all works now . . .

mphn17

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2010
Like GrapeApe said, all you have to do is create a new playlist. To go into further detail, you have to connect your ipod, have itunes open, create a new playlist from there and add any random song, let it sync, eject the ipod, open music and let it update the library, and there will be all your songs, videos, etc.. Then you can just delete the ipod afterwards. I had 5GB of music alone, I was extremely frustrated so I tried the easiest route, which was what GrapeApe suggested, and it worked. :) GL.

Sorry, did I say delete the ipod? I meant delete the playlist.

dakotaba5

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2010
Yeah just add a new playlist. I was freaking out, thought I had to restore. Thanks GrapeApe222 and mphn17

honeyfish

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
Adding a playlist didn't help me...and I tried restoring from backup, which didn't work either.

It doesn't show "No content"; it only shows like the last 2 things I bought straight from my iPod.

Everything still shows on iTunes, though.

Anyone have any suggestions other than doing a full restore?

kaymama1105

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
i really like apple but its going down hill and it need to pick itself back up b4 it loses a customer!!! and will tell people not to buy anything buy apple its a really huge problem

marco2.0

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2011
Solving Problem

Hey people, i just saw the thread, and, to be honest, I have been trying to fix this problem for a while. I recently discovered that, to fix this, you just have to fill 3 things on the video's info, under the info tab, fill "name", under the sorting tab, fill "name" and "sort name". BTW, make sure that the roll-out under the options tab says "movie". Try not to attempt syncing a video without doing this, i did, and it took me about 2 hours of search via filezilla to delete that "lost file", hope it helps :cool::cool::cool:

ken.dunst

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2011
Just brought a new ipod touch. Transferred all my music from itunes. Although itunes showed the music on the ipod the ipod said no content. Creating a playlist on the ipod solved the problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.